~
When we aren't back in Fargo or Minnesota, we spend most of our time at home with the critters. Without them, life would be extremely boring. Right now, for example, Loki is perched on the couch watching Dan eat his pistachio ice cream. She has a strange obsession with ice cream. If she is feeling brave enough, she'll hop right on your lap and shove her face into the bowl.
| Her favorite place to soak up some warmth. |
Loki loves to sit in front of the heat vent while warm air is blowing out, and she just basks in the heat. Once, she even turned around and lifted her tail so she could warm up her butt. It's somewhat amusing....
Mila can be pretty snuggly when she is in the mood. Mostly, she likes to curl up alone underneath a blanket, but when it comes time to do some grooming...she will press her little body as close to me as she possibly can. I don't know whether she thinks she is being punished or if she just knows that it makes trimming her nails much more difficult--but it helps her get out of grooming for a little while.
| See what I mean? |
We, the humans of the household, have both been busy working. Well, Dan has been...I haven't gotten nearly enough hours over the past few weeks. My last paycheck was already gone by the end of payday! Hours have been picking up now, but there are some slow patches where I have nothing to do. Yesterday was brutal. Imagine working a ten hour day and having nothing to do for the second half...yeah. :(
But this guy (pictured below) has been working lots of extra hours (for which he doesn't get paid, I might add). Seems like, more often than not, he either goes in to work early or comes home late...or both.
Yesterday was our third Valentine's Day together. I vaguely remember the last two, although I do know that we stayed in for both of them and made dinner at home. This year, we decided to go out to the Scoreboard; I'd heard that they have good food and we wanted to try something different. And, yes, it was good.
Dan gave me a plant for Valentine's Day (and a cute little red stuffed Scottie puppy). I'd been wanting a plant for the house for a long time. I guess he just got sick of hearing me talk about it and decided to do something about it once and for all. It's a ficus, so it will grow to be a pretty good size. It'll be nice to have something that will help liven up this boring old house.
Then we just made cheesecake-stuffed strawberries together and ate them by candlelight.
~
It has taken me about a half hour to finish this post, so it's about time to sign off and get ready for bed. This night time tea is working its magic... Don't worry, I'll be back soon (if anyone even reads this). Maybe I'll even convince Dan to post something one of these days.
Hi Tonya! Fun to read your goings on. :)
ReplyDelete