adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, June 6, 2016

Baby Update {34 Weeks}


This post is a couple days late, since we were traveling this weekend to our baby shower...hopefully our last weekend away until baby arrives!

At 34 weeks, she is the size of a savoy cabbage -- about 18 inches long and 4.5 to 5 pounds. She is still packing on the fat (about half a pound a week until birth). Her brain, lungs, and central nervous system are rapidly developing, and she is busy using my immune system to build her own. Also, she's peeing up to a pint a day! Wow.

I've still been feeling pretty good, other than getting easily winded and being really sore (mostly the round ligaments and a little tailbone pain). I haven't had a ton of swelling, although I still can't get my ring off in the mornings, especially now that it's warming up even more.

We've gotten a ton more baby things since the last update (not including baby shower gifts, which I'll save for another post).

Dan's grandpa generously bought the dresser for our nursery, which we ordered from Amazon along with a Boba wrap. The dresser is all assembled...although I had measured the wall previously, I wasn't thinking when I placed the order and it ended up being a couple inches too long for the wall. Oh well, at least it fits in the room!


We also got a surprise in the mail from Joni and her girls. I would have saved this for the baby shower post, but didn't want to miss it. Thank you!!


And then we got a ton of stuff from Dawn...

Bumbo, rattle, hat, teething tablets, changing pad, wet bags, bib, nursing pads, and nursing cover

plus a nursing pillow

And my mom gave a bunch of clothes she picked up at a garage sale...


Finally, Karissa is letting us use her newborn clothes, which will be really nice because otherwise we would have needed to go buy a bunch of things...


Along with all the things we received for the shower, we should be pretty much set now. I think there are a couple little things we still need, which I was planning on buying anyway, but there's still a little time.

Everyone has been wonderful, helping us get set up for the baby. We are very fortunate to have such generous family and friends -- we really didn't expect it, although I'm not surprised at all! Now I just have to finish all the laundry and organize the nursery, pack a hospital bag, and we'll be pretty much ready.

It was a fun weekend in MN. We both took Friday off work, and I took today as well. It's really nice to have the extra day to get settled back in.

Last week, we celebrated Sherlock's 1st and Graya's 2nd birthdays (we're just guessing for Graya, of course). They got a couple new toys and a string treat, which they loved.


We left Thursday night back to MN, and spent the weekend at my parents' house. We visited Kaisa Friday morning, then spent the afternoon with my mom, Trisha, and Vera. Vera enjoyed hanging out with Dan and being silly ;)




That night, we went out to dinner for Debbie's birthday, along with Grandpa, Anja, and Soren...


Dan stayed at his friend Jerry's that night, and the guys went kayaking Saturday during the baby shower. We finally got to see little Eloise for the first time since she's been out of the hospital...


After the shower, we grilled and celebrated Vera's birthday...


Sunday morning, we visited Dan's parents for a bit and had lunch with my family at the park before heading home. Of course, Mila was with and snoozed the whole way home...nobody has ever been so comfy as she was.


Now I'm just waiting to get a call back from the vet. I think Sherlock is starting to have the same bladder problems as Graya, so I dropped him off at the vet this morning, and they will test for an infection or crystals to see what's going. Poor little buddy.

Well, I hope I'm not forgetting anything. It's been a busy couple of weeks! Hopefully I'll be able to get a baby shower post up someday soon...until then, I'll be busy getting organized....

3 comments:

  1. Fun update! Glad you got our little order! 🙂 Oh, it's so fun to think that we'll be able to see your little princess in person! So many babies, and even some niece-and-nephews-in-law whom we have not met.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...