Twenty-six weeks already...where has the time gone? I just realized that we'll be starting the third trimester soon. Wow :o)
Our little girl is about the size of a butternut squash now, at approximately 14 inches long and a weight of about two pounds. She is in the midst of her most active period (which typically lasts from 24-28 weeks), which is kind of funny because I haven't been able to feel her kick as much over the past day or two. She does this every once in a while, though -- I'm guessing she's facing my back so I can't feel the kicks nearly as much (her placenta is posterior). She's probably been sleeping quite a bit too. I'm not worried though; I've still been able to feel her moving around.
Her eyes, which have been closed up until now, should be starting to open at any time. She can see and respond to light, as well as hear outside sounds (and will likely start to recognize familiar voices).
I've still been pretty sore and achy, but I can't complain too much yet. Other than that and a bout of nausea the other day, I have been feeling pretty good.
We've started looking into daycare and have a meeting lined up for this coming week on Tuesday, which is also my next group day at the clinic. On top of that, Tuesdays are always my busiest at work, so... :/ it should be fun. Anyway, we probably won't need daycare until about mid-November or so, since after maternity leave, I'll be working from home for a couple months. But apparently daycare spots fill up quickly so we need to get something lined up asap.
We've gotten some more fun girly clothes over the past couple weeks... we should have a good start to baby's wardrobe once she arrives!
![]() |
| 'sweet runs in the family' from the pfeifers |
![]() |
| maria and soren sent these cute clothes |
And I can't forget about the wall decorations I made for the nursery using supplies I picked up from Walmart.
The lion and giraffe pictures actually started out much differently -- and I hated them. Luckily, I was able to tear them apart and start over, with the pictured results. I'm really happy with how they turned out!
I can't really say the same for the elephant below. It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it was much more difficult than I'd imagined. I bought the board pre-made from Walmart. The boards were too thin to handle the nails, and I had a very difficult time pounding them in without splitting the wood. Which eventually happened anyway. So some of the nails are sticking out way more than the others, and the boards are cracked in a couple spots :( but I really don't want to scrap the whole thing, so it'll have to work for a little while.





Love the pictures! I can't wait to see her room!
ReplyDeleteIt's coming together...very slowly!
DeleteSo fun to see your updates!
ReplyDelete