Now that it was over a week ago, I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures from our first anniversary (yep, it's already been a year!). Since today is Labor Day, we have the day off work and I can actually get some things done around here....
We didn't plan much. After all, what is there to do in Huron, South Dakota? Maybe some year, we will plan a trip somewhere, but we have just had too much going on this summer.
I got up early that Sunday morning to make breakfast. I was actually able to completely finish it before Dan woke up...and I had to wake him up to eat. I brought everything upstairs, and we had breakfast in bed.
We had warm-out-of-the-oven blueberry muffins, ham and cheese egg bake, and freshly diced mangoes.
It was a miserably hot day, but we packed a picnic lunch to take to the park, and planned on going mini golfing after we ate. I had wanted to walk around the lake, but of course it was WAY too hot for that.
We hung out until 1:00, waiting for mini golf to open. We waited...and upon looking at the sign on the door, we found out that they had changed their hours for the holiday (even though it was the weekend before the holiday!!) and didn't open until 2:00. So we came back at 2:00 and played a round of mini golf. It was so, so hot. We were the only people golfing, not surprisingly--this is Huron, remember?
Afterward, we enjoyed ice cream cones indoors. It was ice cream made at South Dakota State University. It just tasted like any old ice cream, I suppose.
We got a few things done around the house. We had gone to Mitchell the day before and picked up some things for the house. We had also gone to eat at Whiskey Creek in Mitchell for our nice anniversary meal so we just picked up tacos for supper. Dessert was cheesecake. Yum!
We ended the evening with a couple rounds of pool--we hadn't played since moving into our house so thought we'd give it a try. Naturally, I won both rounds. ;)
We had company this weekend, so tomorrow I'll post pictures from our most recent adventures. We still have some things to finish up around the house, so it will still be a little while before I am able to take pictures and post them here....
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Monday, September 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yumm. All the food looks good.
ReplyDeleteYou weren't in Mitchell on Saturday the 24th, were you? We were there that day. I wish, wish, wish I could have taken one more day off (Friday) and I would have asked you if we could stay the night at your house.
Oh, and happy anniversary! Hard to believe it's been a year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a nice anniversary! Fun to see pictures!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yep Kristin we were there on the 24th. Darn it! I wish I had known you were there because we didn't really do much...just some shopping, dinner, then came home.
ReplyDelete