adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Official Crochet Bathroom Set Giveaway

This bathroom set comes in a blend of beige, olive green and teal
Well here it is: the first official crochet giveaway! (Okay, it may be the only one, who knows--or maybe not.)

How can I enter the giveaway?

To enter, all you have to do is comment on this blog post. You also have to be a friend or family member. Someone we actually know. This is a private blog for ourselves, as well as family and friends. I'm pretty sure I changed the settings so guests can comment on my posts, but if you try and aren't able to, please contact me--Tonya--some other way (if you're someone we personally know, you'll know how to contact me). If you don't feel comfortable leaving your real name, just use a pen name and message me either on Facebook or through email, or send me a text message, to let me know who you are.

What is included in the gift set?

Beige washcloth, multicolored washcloth

Multicolored drawstring soap saver

Multicolored back scrubber

4 beige, 4 multicolored face cleansing pads

When will you announce the winner?

I will use this random number generator to pick a winner, and the corresponding commenter will win the gift set. The winner will be drawn on Saturday, March 16th. I'll try to announce the winner that day, or as soon as possible afterward. Unless I'll be seeing you soon, I will mail the items to you.

Bonus: Grapeseed oil bar soap

The fewer commenters, the higher your chances of winning, right? Your incentive to share this post with other family members and friends--I'll give away a bonus item if there are 15 or more commenters on this blog post. Sorry, it's not handmade soap, but maybe one day I'll learn how to make that, as well. The bar soap fits perfectly inside the soap saver, so simply pull the drawstring tight and lather up in the shower.

You can crochet this set, too:

I shared a link to the washcloth/dishcloth pattern in my last blog post, so you'll have to look back for that one. I'll share my soap saver pattern as soon as I finish editing it.

To make the face cleansing pads, use a size H crochet hook and any kitchen cotton yarn. Chain 4, double crochet 12 times in the fourth chain from the hook. Attach with a slip stitch in the first double crochet. Chain 3, 2 double crochets in each double crochet for a total of 24. Slip stitch to first double crochet and weave in the ends with a tapestry needle.

It takes about 5 minutes to make each cleansing pad. I love using them to wash my face, either with liquid face wash or just warm water. They can be tossed into the wash with the rest of your laundry and re-used many times.

Remember to comment on this blog post if you want to be entered in the giveaway! If you don't have much to say, just a few words is enough. Check back in a few weeks to find out who won!

13 comments:

  1. Please put my name into the drawing! You've done beautiful work on these items, Tonya - I'd be just tickled to win them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice set, love the color combo! I'd be a proud winner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! :) I love the colors. I need to find my crochet hook one of these days and check out your patterns again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Tonya! Thanks for doing an awesome give-a-way! Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colors. Someday I will have to find time to crochet again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Someday I'll have time to crochet again. ;) ~Auntie Gina (I could only publish if I used anonymous...?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I would love to win this set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I was browsing Pinterest until the wee hours last night looking for a beginner crochet idea. Looks like I've found the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This spot is for Darla since she wasn't able to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, I wish I had the patience to crochet! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - Keep up the good work. What a good idea to keep a blog of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard that Grandma K was trying to get on here to comment and couldn't so this spot is for her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Check out this post for the giveaway winner: http://dan-and-tonya.blogspot.com/2013/03/announcing-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...