adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Musings {about life in Huron}


It's Sunday night, and normally we would be in bed already since I get up at 5 a.m. to get ready for work. However, I have tomorrow off (the first of three 3-day weekends in a row) so I decided to stay up a little later and prep some caramel rolls so I can have them ready to pop in the oven tomorrow morning. I really wanted them this morning, but we didn't have any sugar so I have to wait a little longer.

What have we been up to?

Wow. This is just the beginning of a very busy summer. We didn't go anywhere this weekend, but I've been busy with numerous projects. Yesterday and today, I've been working on making Mother's Day gifts but since we won't be able to give them until next weekend, I'll have to hold off on saying what they are until afterward.

I have also been doing some crocheting. I actually just (sort of) finished a scarf I made for myself--I just have one more small thing to do then maybe I'll take a picture of it. I'm also working on a lacy shirt for myself. Someday I'll finish it and possibly model it for you.

We'll be going back home for graduation next weekend (which also happens to be Memorial weekend). Perhaps the weekend after that, we'll have the garage sale I've been wanting to have the past couple Saturdays, but couldn't because we still don't have any tables to set things on.

We've done a bit of grilling lately, since it's been so nice outside. We've also gotten a lot of rain this weekend, but it's also been really warm when the sun decides to come out. This weekend, we mostly just relaxed and I've worked on projects as I felt like it. We have really been enjoying the nice weather by sitting outside in the yard or in the garage with the door open when it's raining.


It will be nice to have the day off tomorrow, although it's not a paid day off. My plan is to make breakfast, get an early start on writing and maybe work on my "projects" some more, then go to my dentist appointment in the afternoon. So exciting.

I guess I don't have much to say. My great plan was to post pictures but since I'm unable to upload them, I'll have to wait until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Hope I get to see you this weekend. You gonna run out to the camp?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...