Memorial Day weekend was the beginning of all the 2015 summer busy-ness.
First of all, it was Trisha's graduation weekend. My baby sister has graduated High School; we're so proud of her (and very glad to be done with graduations for a while!).
Congratulations, Trisha!
We left work early that Friday so we could get on the road and make it to graduation on time. We made it just in time.
The weather was perfect for the graduation party on Saturday. It was warm, and thankfully didn't rain until Sunday and Monday. We spent part of Sunday out at the lake with Dan's family, and I went out to my family's land for four-wheeling that evening.
We went out to buy flowers, wood shavings (for the flower bed) and landscaping rocks yesterday morning. I spent a good part of the day planting flowers and pulling weeds. I'll take pictures later, once they grow a bit more and look a little better, and upload them in a separate post. I love taking pictures of my flowers every year!
We also bought a new (actually, used--but new to us) desktop computer and a grill, so there went our paychecks... But we have been talking about buying these things for quite a while now, so it was about time. We figured we might as well buy a new grill at the beginning of summer so we can enjoy it as much as possible.
Dan is back outside again today monkeying around in the garage. It's gotten to be quite the mess lately with things from our siding project and other things piling up in there.
I've been trying to get a little housework done today, but I'm kind of worn out from yesterday and have a bit of a headache. Ugh. I've been putting off my spring cleaning for the past couple months...okay, I've actually gotten some of it done, but still have quite a bit to check off my list. Anyway, I kind of like spending my Sundays drinking coffee and writing. I have all week to vacuum and scrub the shower door....
So, how about that kitty?
Yep, she's still hanging around. Nope, no kittens yet. According to certain symptoms, she had to have been a minimum of 3 weeks along when she first arrived (I could already tell she was pregnant that day). Cats are pregnant for 64 days I believe. Which means she should be having those kittens today at the very latest.
I read that cats stop eating 24 hours prior to giving birth. She's still been eating today, although she's eaten a lot less than normal in the past day or so. She's got to be VERY close now... She's getting rather large, and there's been a lot of activity going on inside her tummy. Right now, she's looking awfully sleepy, resting in her "house" (one of Loki's old litterboxes that we cleaned out). I'm wondering if she'll have the babies in there or wander off somewhere else to have them....
What's going to happen to her and the kittens once they're born...we have no idea.
_____
UPDATE: Just a few hours after posting this, the kitties were born! There are at least four, although there could be more. I'll post pictures sometime later!
Coming up....
Next weekend, I'll be going back home again for a cousin's wedding and to visit family, and Trisha will be coming back with me to spend the week in Huron. I can't wait! Then the following weekend my mom, sisters and the children will be coming to visit. If the weather permits, hopefully we'll be able to take the kids to the water park.
Trisha is so beautiful! Amazing that your baby sister has graduated already. Can she really be old enough? :)
ReplyDeleteWe also have kittens. They're just over a week old. The kids are so excited, of course!
AH! IT WORKS! I'm so used to trying to comment and nothing happening, I was expecting another failure. I'm tickled that this works again. I'll never know what the problem was, I'm sure, but ... oh well. Hope the problems are in the past.
ReplyDeleteHave fun with Trisha over for the week. I'd love to have her for a week, too! :) And hi to your mom and all the sisters when they're there!
Im glad its working again! Who knows, you might have Trisha visiting soon...I know she is hoping to go to Finland now that she has graduated. And fun that you guys have kittens too... I'm planning on posting kitty pics as soon as I have a chance. Maybe next week...
ReplyDelete