As I mentioned last time, I had made some Mother's Day gifts for our moms and couldn't say what they were yet since we had to wait until Memorial Weekend to give them. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures! Anyway, I made gift sets of green, natural homemade cleaning products: lavender hand soap, all-purpose spray and a roll of reusable "paper" towels that I made with washcloths, snap pliers and an old paper towel roll.
I did take a couple pictures, but none of the end product:
To make the soap, I grated two bars of lavender-scented castile soap and heated a gallon of distilled water. I added the soap shavings and stirred until it all melted. Then I had to take it off the heat and let it sit for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
Once it was done, the soap was the consistency of regular hand soap, except it was kind of stringy, like an egg white. I haven't had a chance to use any myself yet, since we still have a ton of store-bought hand soap to use, but I'm excited to try it out!
We had company this weekend. Scott, Marlana and Selena came to visit Friday night and left this afternoon. It was a lot of fun to have them here. We did a lot of grilling and ate a LOT of food!
| (I'm wearing the scarf I crocheted.) |
Nice to pop in on your life, once again! :) It was nice to see you Memorial Day weekend - tho' we didn't really get much chance to visit much. Such is life - it was fun to see (almost) everyone in the family! But hopefully next time we come we can come for a longer time, with our whole crew, so we can take time to really visit. I miss all of you! I have really liked feeling like I'm a bit connected to you on here, though.
ReplyDeleteThanks tons for the fun bathroom set I won here! It has been something our girls and I are really making use of - they both like to crochet, so were really impressed with how beautifully you crochet!
I'm glad you and your girls like it! And that's awesome that they like to crochet. With a little practice, they'll be pros at it. It was fun to see you guys, but it would be nice if everyone could come next time...of course, it's probably not that easy (or cheap) to bring the whole crew on such a long trip.
ReplyDeleteYou're right - not easy or cheap. Tho' I'd put up with the 'not easy' part if price wasn't an issue! I suppose it would cost at least $7,000 to buy tickets for the whole crew to come. Waah!
ReplyDelete