Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Saturday, July 2, 2016
Baby Update {38 Weeks}
Baby is 38 weeks today! About the size of a winter melon, she could be over seven pounds by now, and over 19.5 inches long.
There's nothing to do now but wait - baby could be born any day now, and she would likely be fine. We have everything ready to go (nursery is ready, co-sleeper bassinet set up in our room, hospital bag packed, and car seat installed) so now we are just trying to keep busy until she decides to make her appearance. Over the past couple weeks, I've been having lots of painless Braxton Hicks contractions, plus the occasional cramping, but nothing has come of it yet.
The nursery
We still have to figure out what to do on the wall above the crib (obviously nothing heavy) and above the dresser, but I think that's going to have to wait a while. Otherwise, everything is ready to go!
Centering Pregnancy
My last Centering group is coming up next Tuesday. We have at least three babies in our group now, at least as of our last group session. There very well could be more by now! Ours is due last, of course :/ My doctor did confirm that baby is for sure head down, and her growth is still on track.
I got my blood panel results back a couple days ago, and all they told me was that I have iron deficiency anemia, which doesn't surprise me since I've had it before, so I have to start eating an iron-rich diet and get tested again. My Group B test was negative, thankfully. They didn't say anything about my 24 hour urine test or the culture (to see if I have a bladder infection), so I'm going to hope no news is good news. If not, I guess I'll find out on Tuesday.
More baby things
When our parents visited a couple weeks ago, we got a few new things from KMart's sale, plus an adorable aqua tutu outfit that Grandma & Grandpa Mickelson bought off our registry, but of course I've already washed and put them all away without taking pictures...and I'm way too lazy to go find them now. Guess we'll have to take some pics once she's able to wear them!
We also got the co-sleeper set up and it's waiting in our room (right now, it's kind of the catch-all for clean laundry that hasn't gotten put away yet).
We went to a garage sale across the road this morning and picked up a few more outfits:
All of our purchases from our registry discount have arrived by now - I think the last package had some nursing tanks and diaper rash cream, and maybe something else in it (window shades for the car, I think?). Nothing terribly exciting.
I'm STILL working on thank you cards from the showers, but thankfully there's an end in sight. Out of about 75, I only have 17 left to write. Then I just need to address them all and drop them at the post office.
That's about it for this post. Who knows...will there be a 40 week update? We really hope not!
Labels:
pregnancy update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh, you're so close!! I wonder if your next post here will announce the arrival of your princess?! Can't wait to hear the news!!
ReplyDelete.... Every day I'm wondering if today is the day your princess decides to make her arrival!
ReplyDelete40 weeks now and still no luck:( guess I'll have to work on another update today! It's gotta be soon though, right?!
Delete40 weeks now and still no luck:( guess I'll have to work on another update today! It's gotta be soon though, right?!
DeleteYep - she'll make her grand entrance soon!!
ReplyDelete