adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, November 4, 2013

Dan's 26th Birthday

Dan's 26th birthday was on Saturday. It always reminds me that my birthday is less than two months away...I can't believe I'll be 26 in just a couple months.

He wanted an English breakfast for his birthday, so I did my best to get it close. I started out with some English breakfast tea, fruit, and apple cinnamon streusel muffins hot out of the oven.


He also wanted fried toast with beans, eggs, fried potatoes, and bacon for breakfast. Needless to say, we weren't hungry for lunch!

We spent most of the day relaxing. I stayed inside and got some writing done, while Dan tried out the new leaf blower in the yard. I feel like a workaholic, but I like to spend my weekend mornings writing. And he likes to be outside doing yardwork.

Instead of going out for dinner, we just decided to get a Casey's pizza and stay in. That evening, Dan got to pretend to be surprised by his gift - a pair of hiking boots that he helped me choose last weekend - and he was actually surprised by his other gift: an afghan I spent the past two months crocheting.



I had another surprise in store...ice cream cake!


We're going to be eating it all week....

It was a good day. Even with an extra hour in the weekend - Daylight Savings - it still went by too fast. I am exhausted, though. I didn't get much sleep last night; Mila got very sick and I was too worried about her. Luckily, she was fine this morning, so we didn't have to bring her to the vet, but I'm still worrying about the poor little puppy.

3 comments:

  1. Nice, cozy weekend you enjoyed! Muffins look so good, I think I'll have to make some tomorrow ...

    I especially like this last picture of Dan - I don't know him (well, you know what I mean ... I know who he is, but don't know him ...) Such a bummer to be this far away - we miss lots of family stuff. Like getting to know the new family members! Anyway- he looks like a nice guy! (I wouldn't mind getting a taste of his birthday cake, by the way! Looks yummy!! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could send you a piece of the cake! And yes, Dan is one of the nicest guys.... By the way, he did get a haircut after these pictures. It was getting pretty long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Dan! I'd love a piece of that cake too! What a nice gift to be able to surprise him with an afghan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...