adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Friday, August 29, 2014

Our Second Anniversary


I meant to post this a few days ago, but haven't had time, so it had to wait until now...

Monday was our second anniversary. We took the day off work since we had vacation days to use up, even though we had no plans. It was actually nice to just play the day by ear.

To be honest, we just lazed about all morning. Most days that would bother me, but we kind of needed a day to rest after the past few (busy) weekends. Then we packed a picnic lunch and went to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather. The neat thing is the walking path that goes around the park and along the river. I was in the mood for walking, so we did a lot of that.

Afterward, we went to check out a local shop that was going out of business and was selling everything half off. They had a bunch of wine-themed decorations left, and we somehow ended up buying a few of them. Even half off the price, it still cost a lot! I thought we'd just call it our anniversary present to ourselves since we didn't really do anything special.

Of course, we haven't gotten around to hanging up most of them, but here's a picture of the metal wine bottle wall hangings we bought there:


I'm kind of annoyed at where they ended up on the wall, even though I'm the one who told Dan where to put the nails, so it's my own fault. Anything that's not a square or rectangle is impossible to hang properly! Anyway, I'll eventually get around to moving these a little down and to the left.

That night, we weren't really in the mood for eating out (I rarely am), so we picked up Chinese from the buffet and brought it home. Oh, and then we had South Dakota State University ice cream that we'd picked up from the grocery store, which actually turns out to be incredibly expensive, for dessert. Dan wasn't very impressed with the flavor, but I liked it. I just had another small bowl of it, actually. :)

Well, there you go - a pretty boring account of our second anniversary. I'm kind of tired and wanted to get some posts scheduled and published for my other blogs, but we'll see if I can muster the energy for that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...