adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 2015 Update

Travel, weddings, visitors & more


This summer has been incredibly busy, as they normally are. A lot has happened since I last posted two months ago... In a nutshell, I spent most of the summer taking care of/cleaning up after kitties. I was absolutely exhausted by the time we left on our vacation this month!

But we finally got them all "cleaned up" and three of the babies went to their new homes. I know they will be loved and taken care of, but it's still sad having them gone. :'( It's also a relief to sort of have my life back, though.

Dan's parents took two -- Basil and Patches -- and our little nephew got Licorice Chip (now called Echo) for his birthday. Sherlock stayed here, as did Graya, who is now fixed so no more babies for her, thankfully. I couldn't handle another litter....!

Mom and Dad Mickelson with their kitties, Patches and Basil

Patches is turning out to be a pretty girl

Sherlock is such a sweetheart, but also very naughty

Basil has turned out to be mostly black now, and such a happy boy

Licorice Chip (now Echo) is such a good girl and a snuggler

We went to Seattle for a week earlier this month, then to Duluth. We had two weddings to attend, so it worked perfectly to take a week and  half off work. It was a lot of fun, but I'll leave that for another post!! It's very nice to be back home, though. Since we got home, we've been integrating Graya and Sherlock into everyday life, and naturally, Loki is none too happy about that. But she's getting over it. Slowly.


This weekend, Anthony and Alisha stayed overnight on their way back from the Black Hills, and Karissa, Tyler, and Isabelle visited for the weekend. So much fun!  We had a picnic at the park, did some shopping and had coffee at Don't Spill the Beans (they have amazing iced coffee!), ordered pizza, and spent the entire evening putting a puzzle together.

At Rocket Slide Park

We had coffee and Isabelle got a cookie

Isabelle helped make pancakes this morning

Getting back into the swing of things at work wasn't too bad for me, since I had done as much as I could before leaving...previously, I've returned from vacation to a ton of catching up and it can get really overwhelming. Unfortunately, Dan hasn't had it so easy. He's been really busy, and even had to go in to work for a while yesterday (Saturday). I'm hoping with his promotion, which is supposed to start at the end of the year, he won't be quite as overwhelmed with work. Hopefully he'll get to focus on just one aspect of work, rather than running in all different directions....

Oh, yeah, we also had our third anniversary this past week. Wow! Three years... We didn't do anything on the actual day, though, since we'd just gone on our Seattle trip and, honestly, I'm tired of running around and eating out. Dan worked late that day, anyway.

Now, we don't have much planned for this fall -- so far! I'm hoping to stay home for most of September and take a little breather. I would like to get some things done in the house, as well as some writing.

As promised, I'll start working on a post about our vacation. I took a LOT of pictures, so it might take a little while....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...