adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Saturday, November 28, 2020

November 2020 Update

 What a crazy year.

What have we been up to since April? Mostly just hanging out at home...


July 23, 2020 - Kenna turned 4

Kenna got a bike with training wheels for her birthday and practiced riding it inside the house. Unfortunately, it's a little harder to pedal on our gravel driveway. :( 




She requested "nummelberry pancakes" for her birthday dinner.


We had a little (mostly outdoor) birthday party for her. It was a Frozen 2 theme, of course....


Kenna is a smart little girl, and she's been practicing her letters -- she can spell her name and "mom". She's very strong willed, but so sweet!

August 2020

We went out to the lake for the first time, and the girls got to go swimming. 


Family photos....



It took the girls quite a few days of working on this lollipop (storing it in the fridge in between licks), and they still hardly put a dent in it.




September 2020 - Kenna started preschool

After waiting all summer, we finally heard in August that Kenna got into preschool, and she started in September. She went for two months, and then we caught COVID so she'll be out for almost an entire month, go back for two days, then they start "distance learning" for the next month. We'll see what happens after that.....





November 23, 2020 - Raelyn turned 2

Poor baby spent her birthday in quarantine, although we hadn't planned on having a party anyway.

Dan and I weren't feeling great, but we still tried to have a fun day. RaeRae got a new trike and the unicorn cake she'd requested!

We had a little impromptu birthday party with a few people over Zoom. Let's hope she gets to have a real party next year, though!

This little girl is just as stubborn as Kenna, but she's such a delight. She jabbers nonstop, and has the cutest things to say. We're constantly impressed with her long, grammatically correct sentences!






Dan has been home the past two weeks, and is supposed to go back to work on Monday. My quarantine ends tomorrow, although my lungs still hurt and I'm kind of achy. The girls didn't really have any symptoms, but Kenna can't go back to school for two weeks after quarantine ends since we didn't get her tested. We'll probably do a quick contactless pickup of Kenna's school pictures on Monday, just to get out of the house, then come back home.

Neither of us can really smell or taste still, although I think my taste is returning. Such a weird thing to experience! I'm just glad I have most of my energy back, and my muscles/joints don't ache as much as they did for a few days.

It was a huge bummer that we not only spent Thanksgiving in quarantine but we also missed a good meal. We're going to make it tomorrow, even though we won't be able to taste much of it (and the girls will hardly touch any of it).

Anyway, just wanted to share a quick update before the year is over. We're in for a loooong winter, but I have a new project to keep me busy.

My "business" blog is going pretty well, so yesterday, I started another one that I'm still working on building...hopefully I'll have a couple posts up soon! I didn't do it on a whim -- I've been doing a lot of research over the past couple months, and had been waiting till the new year to start it, but figured I'd grab a really good Black Friday deal on hosting.

So here we are... Hopefully it'll keep me busy over the long winter! I'm sure it'll be long gone by the next time I write a post on here. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...