Well, we're back to our routine of work and...life. We were both ready for the old routine after almost two weeks off from work (and our critters are very happy about it). Those of you who were there already know how everything went. For those of you who weren't, go ahead and visit the tab that's called "Our Wedding" for pictures of the wedding and pre-wedding activities. Okay, it's not quite complete--I'll try to finish that page soon.
Everything turned out perfectly. All that stress and worry--in some ways, it helped everything run smoothly, although it seems like it was for nothing. Especially worrying about the weather. It was an outdoor wedding at the end of August; the weather could have turned rainy or too hot, or even too windy. It was none of those. It was the perfect day.
Until we were driving off. That was when we found out that our honeymoon flight had been cancelled. It shouldn't have been a surprise--this is hurricane season, after all. We weren't able to catch another flight until late in the week, so we ended up camping out at a resort all week instead. It worked out perfectly, because my family was going to be camping there over the next weekend, anyway, so we got to see them again.
Still, now we still have to plan our real honeymoon, since we were only reimbursed for the plane tickets (not the bed and breakfast). On top of that, we are moving this month so we need to get ready to be out of this house by October 1. Sometime soon, I'll need to send out thank you cards, as well.
PLUS: We have a new nephew due to arrive very soon, and I'm getting anxious to go back to Fargo and meet baby Jeremy.
I really shouldn't be blogging right now. I started to organize and go through things upstairs, but got distracted with the idea that I was going to get some writing done (the kind of writing that will earn money). I haven't written a thing in the past month, which has been nice, but...I could have made a lot of money if I had. I definitely needed the break, though. Planning a wedding is a full-time job.
The point of this post was to say "hello" since I've been MIA for the past few weeks. I promise, I'll try to get some more pictures up soon. Until then....
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment