adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, September 24, 2012

Baby Jeremy Was Born


Okay, so this is old news. Our first nephew on my side--Jeremy Jacob--was born two weeks and one day ago. We finally got to see him when he was six days old. Sadly, I have no clue how long it will be before we see him again. I'm sure he'll have grown a ton by then.

As for us "down south" folk, we aren't exactly at a fun point in our lives. Yep, you guessed it. We're moving again. It's extremely irritating to have to pack up, once again, and live in a horrendous mess of our own belongings as we prepare to move. You probably know what it's like: All you want is to be in the new house, cleaning and organizing everything the way you want it to be. All I want is for it to be over with, so we can move on. Surrounded by boxes and random things that we hauled down from upstairs, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do anything. Who cares about putting away laundry and washing dishes when it won't make much of a difference? And then there's my writing...don't even get me started.

We're just moving into a different house across town, unfortunately--not back to somewhere we might call "home". Someday....

We move on Saturday, hopefully. We don't really know what's going on, though. We might get the keys Friday, or maybe not until Sunday. And our current landlady wants to move back into this house on Sunday. Really? So we get one day to move. Fortunately, I'm not at all concerned about cleaning this house. It was pretty gross when we moved in, so I'm just going to sweep and wipe off anything that is visibly dirty.

How did I manage to go from babies being born to venting about yet another move? I guess what I'm trying to say is that we're missing out on basically everything by being stuck here. But that's our own fault for moving here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...