We spent Thanksgiving with Dan's family at his grandpa's house. The entire family was there this year. Of course, I forgot to take any pictures, as usual. Most of my family went elsewhere for Thanksgiving, but we stopped by my parents' house for a couple hours on our way to Fargo Friday night.
We saw some friends in Fargo before doing a little shopping. Since we had Mila, we had to take turns going into the stores (besides Petco, since she was able to come inside with us). We got home yesterday evening. I had a ton of writing to get done today, since I won't have another chance to write until this month is over (more about that in a later post!).
As you have likely noticed, stores have been bringing out holiday merchandise earlier and earlier. Right after Halloween--maybe even before--we started to see Christmas things. Understandably, there has been a lot of talk about celebrating one holiday at a time.
So we focused on Thanksgiving. As we focused on on this holiday, I almost completely forgot that we could decorate for Christmas in a few days. I wasn't even sure if I would have time this weekend, but we spent a little time this evening pulling out the Christmas stuff and putting up the tree. I never really realized how tacky Christmas decorations can be. I'm thinking I really need to go shopping for some nice decor, maybe a wreath or something.
| Dan and the critters hang out on the sofa... |
| ...while the rest of the house is a mess. |
| I suppose I can help out with something. |
| What?! I'm not doing anything! |
| The end results (ignore the mess) |
| Time for a snooze |
Now it's time to get started on a new crochet project while I still have a little time. Before long, it's time for bed and we'll be back to work tomorrow. Why do even the long weekends have to go by fast?
No comments:
Post a Comment