adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our First Married Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year, Dan got the air compressor he has been wanting for a long time. I told him I only wanted flowers, so of course he went all out with a bouquet of gorgeous roses, complete with a balloon and gourmet chocolates. Of course, he knew I would be embarrassed to get them at work, so he naturally had them delivered that morning. At least everyone else got to enjoy looking at them before I brought them home.

I suspect Loki is the one who knocked off those leaves.
We went out to dinner and enjoyed some good food. Even though we were stuffed, I convinced Dan to stop at Dairy Queen for blizzards on our way home. They "accidentally" made mine the wrong size, so I got a medium instead of small. After all that food, we were both tired when we got home and relaxed until bedtime.

In my last post, I mentioned doing a giveaway, and have decided to start crocheting a few things today. I'm not exactly sure of the details yet, but I'll let you know how you can enter the drawing as soon as I've worked that out. Don't worry, it won't be anything difficult or embarrassing, and I won't ask for money. It's a giveaway, after all--not a raffle.

Well, I'd better get started on my projects, but before I go, I wanted to post some pictures of past projects so you can get an idea of what I'll be giving away:

2 washcloths, back scrubber, 8 face pads, soap saver

yellow and teal washcloths/dishcloths
The pattern I used for the washcloths/dishcloths is the best I've tried so far. Although I've never actually used them for washing dishes or as a washcloth (yet!), I've made many of them to give away, and they are very sturdy and thick compared to any of the other patterns I've tried.

The pattern belongs to another writer, so visit this link to learn how to make the gentle ridges dishcloth. In future posts, I'll share some of my other favorite crochet patterns. Feel free to share some of your faves in the comments! I love trying new projects.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers!!

    I was sure I saw your last post - I love peeking in on your life, and sometimes even feel lonesome for you if you haven't posted for a while! I had to now go back and read about the give-away. I don't know if you should enter me into the give-away - as you know, then you have over-seas postage involved! But interesting how you and Kristin both mention your interest in crocheting ... I have also been super inspired to start crocheting! I made a fun hat a few weeks ago, and have been trying to make enough time to make the next project ... Hard to justify time for that, when the house is a mess. But I am super inspired to crochet, for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crocheting is a lot of fun.. Once I get started, I have a hard time stopping. I have already finished a soap saver, back scrubber and 2 washcloths this weekend. Of course you can enter the giveaway, Joni. These things hardly weigh anything! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now seeing your crochet projects makes me really really want to start a crochet project of my own...or pick up one I'm in the midst of. But for some reason, this past year it just seems like I have a lot less spare time than I did a year ago. Oh, I'm not complaining. I'm just loving our new addition.

    I wanted to tell you - when I saw that picture of the single Rose, it reminded me of Grandma Dorothy. She loved Roses and Roses always remind me of when she had a new baby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...