Finally! Since the beginning of December, I haven't had a single weekend to just stay home and get things done...or be lazy. This was the first weekend since then, and I got not just two--but three days off. We got quite the snowfall this weekend and it sounds like schools and workplaces everywhere were closing for the day. Dan worked today, but I didn't since the plant wasn't working.
I don't even care that I'm stuck inside, because I have nowhere to go today.
Of course, since we have today (Monday) off, I'll end up working Saturday, so next weekend will be a short one. It was nice to get a few things done at home, though. I was finally able to get started on wedding thank you's (we just got our pictures back), and I've spent most of today writing. I didn't get a whole lot done, but I'm motivated to write again thanks to a new gig at Yahoo! Hopefully it works out.
I'm also itching to work on some more crochet projects, but my first priority is to work on thank you cards. I'm really excited to try out some new things, though. I'm thinking about doing some sort of giveaway on our blog, although I'm not sure we have enough visitors for that. This blog is just for family and friends (I'm pretty sure I changed the settings so we don't get random visitors??).
The thing I've had the most fun with so far--and I'm no advanced crochet lady, by any means--is coordinating sets of bathroom items: washcloths, face cleansing pads, back scrubber...I even made up my own pattern for a soap pouch. Would this set be something anyone would be interested in winning? Any other ideas?
Time to get back to work. Feel free to leave comments below.
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi! It's been awhile since I've popped in here. I've been taking vacation days, so have to work really hard at work so I get my work done so I can take some days off. :) Then I'm tired so just laze around at home trying to rest up. No-I've actually even been busy at home too, getting stuff done.
ReplyDeleteI love to crochet, and was determined that I was going to crochet some washcloths or dishcloths and just don't seem to find the time. I would love to have a chance at winning something like that.
I know the feeling--working hard, then coming home and trying to get stuff done, but wanting to relax and rest up. Surprisingly, I didn't end up working today so I tried getting some cleaning done this morning so I can spend this afternoon crocheting a giveaway set. I'll post some pictures and maybe I'll share the patterns so whoever crochets can make the projects themselves. They're super easy and cheap! Anyway, I'll continue in a new post....
ReplyDelete