It's been pretty busy here, so I haven't had much time to post on our blog but...here's some news: We bought our own house in Huron. No more renting here!
It was a pretty quick sale. We made an offer just a month ago, and we're already moved into the new house. There's still a lot to do--luckily, we don't have to make many updates--but we do have lots of organizing to do. Plus, we need to buy a washer and dryer and, eventually, new furniture.
We had tons of help moving, which was a huge relief, because I couldn't have moved one more time with just the two of us to do it all. A group of co-workers came to help move the larger pieces last Friday night, then my parents, Justin and Trisha came to help finish it up Saturday. I can't imagine how long it would have taken us to do it alone!
We have tons more space now, so it seems pretty bare...but I'm sure we'll fill it in no time. I'll take new pictures once everything is organized and decorated, but for now, here are a few from last weekend.
 |
| Making breakfast amongst the mess |
 |
| Dan and Dad visiting in the kitchen |
 |
| Mom and Trisha on our back steps |
 |
| Hangin' out in the yard...Mila is obviously having a blast |
 |
| Dad and Justin playing pool in the basement |
 |
| Trisha learning how to play pool |
We haven't gotten much done this week. I'm grateful for all of my mom's help with cleaning and moving boxes of things into the rooms they will eventually be organized in. This place isn't as much of a mess as it would be otherwise.
I've been extremely busy with work and other things, and have been completely worn out when I get home. Dan is lucky I even made dinner the last two nights.... But hopefully we'll be able to get a few things done this weekend.
 |
| Cutting up some melon for breakfast |
Congratulations on the purchase of your first home! It looks like you found yourselves a beautiful place! Thanks for posting pictures - it'll be so fun to see more from time to time on here! I'm so glad you had help with the move- it makes a huge difference!!
ReplyDeleteThanks...I'm sure I'll post more pictures after everything is all cleaned up and decorated. Yes, it helped a ton to have people here helping us!
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations! It looks like a wonderful house! And you're right - it'll fill up fast! :)
ReplyDelete