We went back home for Caitlin and Chris's wedding this past weekend. We didn't get there until after midnight Thursday night, then got up for the bridal breakfast Friday morning and spent the day at the church getting ready for the wedding.
It was a humid, but otherwise nice, weekend for a wedding.
We finished a few last-minute details that morning; luckily, there wasn't much to do since there wasn't a large wedding party and the decorations were minimal.
| Guestbook table |
The cake is over to the right. It looked great, as did the cupcakes, which I did not take any pictures of. The cupcakes were chocolate with cream cheese frosting and little pink sugar sprinkles that looked like pearls. I actually didn't try one, so I cannot say whether they tasted as good as they looked.
The tables were decorated with bouquets of pink roses and candles--simple, but elegant.
I went along when the couple had their professional pictures taken at a few different locations. I don't want to spoil the surprise when the professional ones are done, so I'm only going to share a couple of them.
The First Look
Bridal Bouquet
Swatting mosquitoes in the woods...
...They were absolutely swarming out there.
The Blue Door
The wedding ceremony was short and sweet.
| Dad walking Caitlin up the aisle |
| Beginning the ceremony |
| It's over! |
The getaway vehicle...
It was wonderful to be back at my parents' house shortly after 8:00. Having to be at a wedding until late at night makes for a looong day. Especially the next day when you have to spend more than five hours driving home.
I'll end here...for now. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to post again soon.
Thanks for posting these pictures - it's so fun to see fresh shots (from what I've seen on fb.) :) Oh, you got to give a speech, hey?! I'm sure it was easier to relax after that - I'm also sure you had a nice message! And sure good of you to get up there and give a speech!!
ReplyDeleteOh, good luck on the house purchase! It's so nice to have a place you can truly call your own (even if the bank owns most of it at first, and for quite a while ... ) It'll be fun to 'see' it on here! Happy moving (it will be happier, knowing it's a move to your own place!)
I love the swatting mosquito picture! The cake picture is very pretty. Are these the same pictures on the CD? For some reason the pictures must not have saved on the CD you gave me.
ReplyDelete