| Mila refused to come inside most of yesterday |
Yesterday was so nice, I was eager to spend the whole day outside. And for the most part, I did. While Dan went to the grocery store, I tried to get some writing done out at the patio table set, but the sun was too bright so I couldn't even see the screen. Instead, I worked on weeding the flower beds and raking out some of the dead stuff from last summer.
And Mila just ran around the yard; she hardly came inside until evening.
I can't claim to have done much, because Dan did most of the work. But it was nice to just get out and get the yard cleaned up.
I'm not sure if last year's flowers/plants/whatever was in this patch next to the garage will come back this year, but I figured I'd wait and see what happens this summer, then plant something new next year if I need to.
I noticed that I have some tiger lilies popping up next to the house already. There is a little patch where the buds are already pretty big, and there are tons of tiny buds all over. It was pretty last year before they all died, so hopefully they will come up nice again this year.
There were lots of plants around the front, back, and side of the house last year. I have no clue what all is going to come back to life and what is not, so it's going to be a waiting game. I have never had flower beds to take care of before, so I'm completely clueless!
Loki enjoyed the nice weather too, but from inside the house. We had some of the windows and the sliding door open, so she was able to watch us and the birds, and to bask in the sunshine as usual.
Now it's cold and windy outside today. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment