adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Friday, May 9, 2014

May Flowers

I would say we've had a productive week. It feels so good to finally be able to DO things I've been wanting to do, rather than thinking about them and wondering if I'll have the motivation to get them done when the time comes.

Flowers

Last weekend, we made a trip to Runnings to pick up some things for planting flowers, so I spent Saturday planting them around the yard. 

We also picked up a tomato plant to grow in our hanging tomato thing (it works with gravity to grow the tomato plant upside down!). I was kind of hoping to get some other veggies, fruit, or berries to plant in my wooden basin, but they all require full sun, and our yard is pretty shady.

I still need to pick up a few more this weekend to finish filling some of my pots...



Compost

While I was planting and pulling weeds, Dan was busy doing some yardwork...including building me a compost bin. I'm not sure how well it's going to work, since it's a bunch of bricks stacked up on a concrete slab, but we'll give it a try for this summer at least.

It seems like it should drain okay when rain gets into the compost, and we have plenty of yard clippings to mix in with kitchen scraps. Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now - I'll save the rest for a "green" blog post in a couple weeks!


This week has been busy with not only watering flowers, bringing out the compost and turning it over, and walking Mila, but I've also been getting some writing done. I have at least 50 titles written up, waiting to be turned into articles. Now, I just need to keep motivated to write them!

We shall see what this weekend brings.... It feels so great to finally have nice weather!

1 comment:

  1. Fun to see pretty yard work being done. I did get a bit of a garden in, but have to do flowers too. I can't wait til we can come see your home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...