adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Thoughts on the year ahead...

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” - Denis Waitley

I haven't really made any specific New Year's resolutions for 2015. Last year, I had my weekly green challenge, which was great and all, but now I'm burned out. I'm not really sure what I want to achieve this year, but I suppose I'll figure that out with time.


So far this year, we haven't done much. Today is the last day of a four-day weekend, and we'll be back at work tomorrow. We spent the first day taking down Christmas decorations, cleaning, and re-decorating the house. The next day, we finally got out and ordered our Christmas gifts to ourselves: a new sofa, recliner, and bedroom furniture. The bedroom furniture will be here Thursday; the rest will arrive in about five weeks. So excited! This has been a long time coming....

Writing

Yesterday, I did a little bit of writing and I'm hoping to do a little more today. As far as writing goals for this year, I think I'll just keep on re-publishing old Y!CN articles to my blogs, finish my children's ebook series, and work on some fiction stuff. I'm not going to set any huge goals for this year.

Fitness

I guess my sort-of fitness resolution for the year would be to keep on exercising daily. I was pretty bad about it with the holidays, traveling, and being sick, but now I think I'll be able to get back on track. Three days a week, I do cardio (usually Zumba on the Kinect); three days, I do yoga; and the last day used to be a break, but now I'm hoping to vary it up each week with Kinect games, walking, or whatever. I'm not going to set my goals too high because I know I'll give up if I do, but I'm hoping to lose a few pounds over the next few months.

Otherwise, I'll just see what the year has in store.

“Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...