Spring is here...
Goodness, it's been a while since I've posted an update. There really hasn't been much to tell, though. We've pretty much been doing what we always do... Work during the week, work some more on the weekends. We do have fun sometimes, too.
The Garage
As you can see in the picture, it's been nice enough outside lately that Dan has been working on finishing up the garage. A lot has been done since I took the picture, actually. Just in the past few weekends, he has finished replacing the soffit and fascia, and has gotten a lot more done on the siding (just has a little to finish on the peaks). We got a new light fixture for above the door. Once the siding is finished, we'll just have to get the shutters back up and paint the side door.
The Truck
To help out with all the house projects, we ended up buying an old truck: a 1990 Ford F-150. We've had to borrow other people's trucks in the past, and thought it would be worth it to buy something that would last long enough to finish up our projects at least.
I was a little nervous about leaving the truck parked on the road because, for a while, there were some kids going around shooting windows out of cars. Over 100 vehicles, not to mention vandalism to a few houses around here. The kids were just caught the other night. Last weekend, we did hear them shooting the window of a limo parked down the road from us; it sounded like somebody was, rather forcefully, throwing a beer bottle into a can with a bunch of other glass bottles, so that's what I assumed it was. We found out Monday what was really going on.
The Kitty
We seem to have befriended a stray kitty this weekend. I saw her in the driveway and went out to get a look. I called her over and she came right into the yard, following me to the house. I asked Dan to get some food and water; she ate it all and kept looking for more. Poor, hungry thing. She was so, super friendly and happy for the attention. So we picked up a bag of cheap food and I've been leaving some on the deck. I assuming she doesn't have a home or anybody to feed her, judging by how much she eats.
| Can you find the kitty? |
Loki has been rather angry with the situation. She has been manning her post next to the patio door almost nonstop, and we can tell when the kitty is out there because Loki will suddenly start hissing and snarling. Poor thing, all stressed out over the sweet kitty who couldn't care less about Loki's rudeness.
Mila enjoyed chasing her around the yard, though, and the kitty did a little chasing back. Unfortunately, it's been a bit chilly and rainy this weekend so we haven't been able to spend much time outside. April showers...hopefully, we'll have flowers in bloom when May arrives. I've already seen a few things popping out of the ground!
~ ~ ~
Not much else has been happening around here. I've been eagerly watching for updates on Kristin's adoption journey :) What I should really be doing is working on checking off my LONG spring cleaning checklist, but after doing all the regular housework, I don't feel up to doing a whole lot else.
I suppose one of these weekends, we'll get out of town and do some visiting again. It's been a while since we've gone back home or to visit any of our siblings, so I'm hoping to do that soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment