adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Baby Update {20 Weeks}


We're halfway there! Baby is 20 weeks today, and the size of a banana...actually, bigger than the bananas that I bought today, which are rather small. The crown to rump measurement would be about 6.5 inches, but with baby stretching out more now, apparently we can go by the whole length of about 10 inches. It weighs about 10.5 ounces now. errrrr3eeeeee (that's from Sherlock. He says, "hi, guys.")

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, we bought a crib and rug for the nursery. We spent Valentine's Day assembling the crib...


I also bought some supplies to make wall decorations but  haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with them yet. I think we'll wait until after the anatomy scan... Speaking of, we'll have that this coming Thursday! Although I think it would be fun to have a surprise, we're hoping to find out the sex of the baby. We're definitely not patient enough to wait. Let's just hope they get it right and we don't actually end up with a surprise at the end :/

Anyway, over the past few days, baby's movements have gotten a lot more noticeable. Almost any time I sit down, I feel constant wiggling, flipping, and kicking. Dan hasn't been able to feel anything yet, though, since the movements aren't quite strong enough yet (that, or there's just too way too much padding in between!).

I'm getting a lot more achy, especially at night. After a morning spent cleaning and shopping for groceries today, my back was killing me, so I decided to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine for a bit. It's absolutely beautiful out there today at 69 degrees! In fact, I was out there without a jacket and, sitting in the sun, I was a little too warm. It was perfect in the shade.

It's a little sad knowing that it could get cold again and snow before spring officially arrives.

Well, I'll probably be back later in the week for the great sex reveal!! At any rate, hopefully we'll at least have some adorable ultrasound photos to share....

~ ~ ~

What do you guys think: boy or girl?? Share your guesses if you like! Sorry, there aren't any prizes for being right. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I was going to say girl (probably because your sisters have both had girls recently) but I have a feeling that it'll be boy (Jeremy could use a little boy cousin).. �� right? I'll be anxiously awaiting!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun update! I love your crib, and nursery will be so nice!

    I have kind of envisioned you with a boy! (And with my track record for guessing gender, you may as well start picking up pink! 😄) Can't wait to hear ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in the guessing game! Seems like most are leaning toward boy, and it's been a boy in most of my dreams...that's probably going to be my guess too, although I don't really have an instinct one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Mickelson are notorious for boys and Uncle Bobby always hoped Danny would have a boy wanted to see him play catch..so I'll pick up the slack and say boy then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Mickelson are notorious for boys and Uncle Bobby always hoped Danny would have a boy wanted to see him play catch..so I'll pick up the slack and say boy then!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...