adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Baby Update {22 Weeks}


A couple exciting things have happened over the past week....

First, though, how big is baby? She is the size of a corn on the cob, at about a foot long, and she is one whole pound now. When she isn't sleeping, she's busy touching everything she can--her face, umbilical cord, and so on.

The first exciting thing happened last Tuesday. When I sat down, I just happened to have my hand on my tummy right when she kicked really hard in that same spot. So Dan put his hand there and felt a few kicks too. He felt them again this morning, which was really neat.

And secondly, yesterday we had our follow up ultrasound in Sioux Falls, so we got up really early and made the two hour drive to the hospital. The scan went great--they didn't find anything wrong with her heart, so they cancelled our second appointment (and we were able to do a little shopping that morning!). They also confirmed she's still a girl, and we got some really good pictures of her face. :D

And now for the pictures...there are a lot of them! Sorry about the quality, I just took pictures of them on my phone and it's too much work to crop them all....

baby's face with her hand touching it


she's still a girl


her arms are crossed in this one




one of her feet

a leg and foot

and finally, a good one of her profile


I have to admit, I got a little teary when I saw her adorable face on the screen. It's all so much more real now... She still seems to like having her hands up to her face, but they were able to get some good pictures anyway! Dan said he noticed that her fingers were moving all over the place.

I'm not planning on buying much right now, but I've been really eager to buy something girly, so we stopped at a couple stores in Sioux Falls and Dan chose this outfit for the baby (he thought it was something I'd like, and I'm in LOVE with it):


I also got some fancy socks and hair bows, but the picture apparently disappeared from my phone.

The nursery is starting to fill up with some other fun things...my mom made an adorable travel changing mat, and Dan's parents gave a security blanket with tags around the edges and little piggy princess washcloths. We also got some fun hair things that were Sydney's when she was a baby.




We even received a fun delivery this week from baby's great-aunt Debbie, so we'll have to take a picture once it's assembled. This little girl is so spoiled already!

Well, that's about it for this week's baby update...I also have some pictures from last weekend and yesterday, but I'll save those for a separate post!

2 comments:

  1. 'She's still a girl'!! Loved that! She is adorable!!! And Dan has very good taste - the outfit is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! It was definitely reassuring to hear from several different people that she's a girl, so we don't have to worry about any surprises in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...