Okay, back to last weekend.
The kids opening their treat bags from us...
Saturday, we went to the hospital to see Eloise. She's getting so big, and doing so well!
It's a little scary holding her with all the tubes hooked up to her...she just snuggled in though, and snoozed peacefully.
Here's an interesting fact: Our baby is currently 25 weeks and 1 day gestation, which is close to the time Eloise was born. Crazy, huh?
Anyway, back to Easter...the kids had an outdoor egg hunt on Saturday, then we had a family dinner. (Did anyone else notice that the girls were all wearing pink and brown?! No wonder I had a hard time telling who's who in some of the pics.)
![]() |
| Isabelle, Jeremy, Sydney, Vera |
![]() |
| Grandpa & Grandma with most of the grandkids |
![]() |
| Isabelle and Dan were buddies; she even read him to sleep that evening |
![]() |
| Easter morning photo |
It was a fun weekend, but we had to head back home Sunday morning. The next day, Dan flew out to Chicago, so it was just the critters and me at home most of the week. Talk about a long week! I kept pretty busy, though.
This weekend, we haven't really done much except a little cleaning, shopping, and decorating. We've slowly been getting this house to a place where it looks like a home rather than a big, empty box.
Ever since we moved in, I've wanted a tree to put in the dining room. It was so plain and boring before...I love it now!
We also ordered a low profile box spring and Dan assembled it this weekend. I love being able to sit on the edge of the bed and touch the floor! It was several inches higher before, and I have a hard enough time getting out of bed these days...so it definitely helps a little bit. Plus, the co-sleeper we plan on getting for the baby only goes up to 30 inches high, so it wouldn't have worked with our bed before.
When we were in Sioux Falls a few weeks ago, we also picked up a few decorations. I've been looking for lamps and wall hangings for our bedroom for a long time, and finally found what I was looking for (the other nightstand has a matching lamp):
We also got some pictures to hang above the bathroom towel bars:
A while back, we also picked up a shoe rack to put by the patio door, so we arranged this area in the kitchen. I think it's finally complete!
Last night, I worked on some DIY decorations for the nursery...I'm happy with one of the projects, and semi-happy with the other. But I'll save that for the next baby update--26 weeks next Saturday!
![]() |
| Loki-and-baby snuggles (I think she might have even gotten kicked once or twice!) |


























No comments:
Post a Comment