adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Kenna Jade {3 Months Old}


On Kenna's 3 month birthday, she rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time. She had rolled onto her side a few days before, and she has rolled completely over when on our bed a couple times, but I'm not sure that really counts! Now she just needs to figure out how to get her arm out from under her....



At her last appointment, she weighed 13 pounds. They didn't measure her since it wasn't a regular visit; we just needed to check in since she's on meds for acid reflux, and to get a refill. The only difference being on the meds is that she seems a lot happier (at times). She's still puking quite a bit.

This past month, she has started laughing (a lot!). When she's really tired, she'll often go from laughing to crying to laughing and crying again. She's pretty dramatic. And very strong-willed. She knows exactly what she wants, and when she doesn't get her way, she lets us know it.

She discovered that she can kick her legs in the tub and make the water splash. :)

She also started 'playing' with toys this past month....




The stubborn little princess is still refusing a bottle. I have a feeling she never will take one. We'll see once she starts daycare, but I may end up going over there on my lunch to feed her....

This weekend, we tried giving her nothing but a bottle during my regular work hours, and that backfired on us. Saturday, she only drank 3 ounces in a 10-hour period, and we spend most of our day trying to get her to take that much. On Sunday, I caved. I just couldn't do it. We've tried everything we can think of to get her to drink from a bottle and nothing has worked.

In other news, I've really started pushing the tummy time and her neck has gotten so strong!



After this week, I only have two weeks left of working at home. It's not going too bad; I don't have to do quite as much work at night anymore at least. It's very challenging at times, especially when people need things right NOW and I have a fussy baby to deal with. She's still hard to get to nap at times. :( Plus, I'm super stressed thinking about going back to the office.

If only I didn't have to work....

I don't think we've really had anything terribly exciting happening here. We went on a day trip to Brookings to look at laminate flooring -- we started tearing out the carpet on the main floor now, no thanks to Loki. She will not quit peeing on the carpet. These cats are absolutely destroying our house. Once these cats are gone, we are NOT getting any more. I'm pretty sure they are worse than kids. I smell pee every time I walk into the living room, and Sherlock has destroyed way too many baby things. If only he wasn't so darn cute....


Anyway, back to our little sweet pea.

So, she'll only let us 'wear' her when we're going on a walk...she gets so grumpy if I try to wear her around the house! Aren't babies supposed to love being worn?!



We pulled out a fun new seat for her 3 month birthday; just a couple weeks ago, she didn't have a strong enough core or enough head control to sit in here.


Telling Daddy all kinds of stories....



When Kenna is in bed on the weekends, I've been working on a scrapbook for her with highlights from her first year. It's been a lot of fun! I'm too lazy to take any pictures right now, so maybe next time....

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...