adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, September 26, 2016

Kenna Jade {2 Months Old}; Glyndon Trip & Eloise's Baptism


Kenna is two months old! The past month has absolutely flown by. I started working from home last week and it's been interesting. It is definitely not easy, but I love that I get to stay at home for an extra eight weeks and still have an income.

We had Kenna's two month check up on Friday, and she had a very rough day. It started out nice; she was very happy as she is every morning. Then she got her vaccinations. That was very upsetting for her, and she projectile vomited afterward, which she has been doing occasionally since she was four weeks old. Afterward, we got an ultrasound done on her stomach to make sure there was nothing structurally wrong -- we found out today that everything looked normal, so we started her on meds to treat acid reflux. I really hope they work, because other than in the mornings and at brief moments during the day, she tends to cry a lot, and she really never used to.

Over the past month, we have made two trips. The first trip was to Glyndon where some of her aunts and uncles live, and she was really good. The second trip was to Thief River Falls, and that was a little more difficult (and a longer drive).

Glyndon Trip

We had a family get together on Saturday and then visited Chaka and Trista while the guys had their fantasy football draft. Kenna was overtired so she was really crabby, so I totally forgot to get a picture of her with Trista.

Great Aunt Debbie

Grandpa and Grandma Mickelson

Auntie Marlana and cousins Selena and Ethan

Auntie Alissa

Great Grandpa

Grandma

Grandpa

Ethan opening his birthday gift from us

Uncle Eric

Chaka

Uncle Andrew

Thief River Falls

This past weekend, we drove to Thief River Falls for Eloise's baptism and stayed at Anthony and Alisha's apartment, and they got to meet Kenna for the first time. She had just had her shots, so she was not feeling so great - not to mention, she hardly slept on Saturday, so she was really tired.

Anthony & Alisha

just hangin' out

us with our new goddaughter

Dawn

one of our first nice family pics

Eloise's godparents

Grandpa Hillukka

Eloise, so happy

pure chaos! grandpa & grandma & the grandkids

finally got everyone to sit still for a second

another family photo

all wiped out

Well, it's getting late and I'm sure I'll be up a couple times tonight then have to be up at 7 AM (to work at 7:30, ha!) so time for bed. But before I go, I'll pick out a few more photos from the past month....
























1 comment:

  1. Fun update! Kenna's so sweet! I can't wait to meet her, and to see you after many years!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...