adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Kenna Jade {6 Months}

6 Months

Kenna is halfway to her first birthday! Where has the time gone?!

It's been pretty busy here, so I decided to skip the 5 month update. Maybe I'll just do it every couple months until her first birthday, then go back to regular old posts after that. Anyway, a lot has happened in the past two months, so I'll probably have to summarize....

5 Months

1st Christmas jammies - perfect for traveling

She had her first Christmas and New Year; we traveled back to MN to see our families for Christmas and stayed at home to ring in the New Year.

On Christmas Day, at five months and two days, she said her first words: "all done". We were heading back to Huron and had pulled off on some road because she was getting hungry. When she was done, I asked her if she wanted more or if she was all done. "All done," she said very clearly. So we kept asking her, and she repeated it many times. We even recorded it on video, although it was much more clear the first few times before Dan started taping. Of course, she was just mimicking me and had no idea what she was saying, and hasn't said anything recognizable since.

1st New Year 2017

At her weight check around five months old, she had gained around ten ounces but she was still under 14 pounds, so her doctor wanted us to really start pushing the oatmeal. She wasn't really interested, and got really mad when her daycare provider offered it, so we had to come up with a different plan. Now, I'm taking an early lunch to go feed her then I leave work at 3:00 so I can get another feeding in. I then work at home for an hour or two in the evening.

At her last weight check, she had gained 11 ounces in just two weeks, so I guess we'll just keep doing what we're doing until she's eating more foods. So far, she's only had oatmeal, peas, and sweet potato. She doesn't really love any of them, and I have a feeling she'll be more interested in food when she can feed herself.

Kenna in her new high chair

I'm actually working at home for a week again since daycare is closed, which worked out perfectly because Kenna ended up getting sick again. This is her third cold (or whatever) since Thanksgiving. I've also been sick 2-3 times since then. This time, she was miserable enough that I brought her to the clinic and thankfully she tested negative for a couple of the more serious viruses, but she was still put on antibiotics because her ear was a little red. :( She seems so much better today, but is still pretty touchy. I am also on antibiotics - even though I don't have strep, I've had a lingering sore throat for quite a long time, and it's finally almost gone after a couple days of meds.

Kenna's not taking the medicine very well. It's the worst trying to get her to swallow that thick, sickly-sweet liquid! She couldn't keep it down; she kept gagging on it and puking it back up, so I ended up cutting it with a little pear juice and so far, so good. She still cries the second she sees the syringe though. :'(

Anyway, the good news is that she is now over 15 pounds! So her growth isn't a concern anymore. I just wonder how long it will be until I can go back to my normal work schedule....





Kenna is really rolling all over the place now! She actually likes being on her tummy much more, and will often sleep that way. She got her late Christmas present from us just this week and she was really excited about her jumperoo! But since she's still not feeling the greatest, it doesn't take long before she has to be held again.



Also, just today, she decided that she is ready to start sitting by herself. She had been doing pretty well with just a little support but even yesterday she couldn't sit for more than a few seconds. But today, we were sitting on the floor, and she was occupied with her toys enough that she didn't even realize I wasn't holding onto her. She sat for around 5-10 minutes and I only had to balance her a few times. Finally, when I turned around for a couple seconds to grab a nursing pillow to cushion her if she fell...she fell down in those couple seconds and it was all over. :(


We think she may be teething but so far haven't seen any teeth come through. We'll see....

1 comment:

  1. Fun post, with all the cute pics! Yes, she's just growing so fast!! What a honey she is!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...