adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, October 1, 2017

A New Beginning


Well, this is it. The beginning of our new journey.

We said our good-byes to Dan this morning, and he headed off to Mason City to start his first week of work at his new job. He will be helping to manage (particularly the regulatory aspects of) a plant that was just purchased by the railroad. At the plant, they grind organic material to make animal feed. It'll certainly be a change of pace from processing turkey meat.

I've had a couple people comment that they didn't think he'd ever leave DP. Ummm....

We've actually been wanting to leave Huron for a while, but didn't think it would ever happen, so we've been putting all kinds of money and time into home improvement projects--which probably won't really make any difference in helping to sell the place, unfortunately.

Anyway, our house still isn't ready to put on the market. We have some improvements that we have to do before selling. I haven't put in my notice at work or even found a new job. We don't even have a place to live down there yet!

Ugh. Are we making a huge mistake? Starting over in a new place is both scary and exciting. There are so many possibilities, but it's risky when everything is still up in the air.

On the other hand, it's probably a good thing that I still have my job, and that we still have a house here and don't have one there yet, at least until we know if the new job is going to work out. He's looking at rentals today and tomorrow, so we'll see....

We have thrown out the possibility of renting out our house in Huron, although that comes with its own set of difficulties, especially while trying to sell. The only thing we do know is that we can't afford two houses if I quit my job to move there.

I have been working on starting up my writing business again, although it's going to be a little while still before I have any income from that. So I'll likely have to take just any job for now so I can get moved down there. Even though I get tired of the nonstop fire-putting-out at my job here, the job itself is very good. It's just the work that I don't always like (if that makes any sense).

And I am definitely not excited to have to take care of Kenna, the critters, and the house myself for any extended period of time.

On top of it all, we have a wedding coming up next weekend...in Michigan. So I'm going to have to pack everything myself AND drive a good chunk of the way myself, which could be interesting with a toddler and no one to occupy her.

How do people do this?!

I guess we'll just have to keep moving forward....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...