For the most part, we are settled into our new rental home in Iowa. It's been a week and a half since we moved out here.
I was offered a job at Red Diamond; we found a (tiny) house here to rent; and our house in Huron has been listed. It's been on the market for about a month now, and we've had quite a few showings, but no offers yet.
Moving out was a huge pain. We packed the U-Haul full, as well as both our cars, and still left a garage full of stuff behind (we'll have to go back for it soon, unfortunately). We had planned to leave on a Friday afternoon, and didn't actually hit the road until Saturday morning--it took much longer than expected to get loaded up.
Since this house is so much smaller than our old one, we have a ton of things in storage down in the basement. We really had to pare down, and it's still pretty cramped in here! I do like living in a smaller space, though...at least, for now.
She has been learning so much lately. She jabbers all the time, and some of her favorite words are "meow", "fish" (goldfish crackers), "Ott" (hot-anytime she sees my coffee), "Bee" (Brr, when we say something is cold), "ow" and "owie" ALL the time but especially when anyone gets hurt, "hi" or "a-whoa" (hello)...she loves talking on the phone. She even said "Isha" (Trisha) the other night when we were video chatting, and this morning she said "baby" when she saw a picture of a baby on my phone.
She's such a silly girl, and is always goofing around and giggling. Also, she thinks it's hysterical when I get hurt. She still loves mommy's milk and won't drink anything other than water from a cup, but otherwise she's a huge Daddy's girl.
I had been working on starting up my writing business again, but with the move, it has kind of been put on hold. We only got internet set up just a few days ago, and I've been working on getting things unpacked and organized...and now I'll be starting work soon. Hopefully once we get settled into a routine, I'll be able to start working on it again.
Well, laundry calls, so I'd better get on that, then get started on supper....

No comments:
Post a Comment