adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, October 21, 2018

October 2018 Update



Almost every time Kenna wakes up, whether it's during the night or in the morning, she either whines or calls out and waits for us to get her. But not this morning! She woke us up by bursting through our bedroom door, a bright and sunshiny grin on her face, saying, "Hi, Mommy!"

She's getting to be such a big girl.

Every time she notices my belly, she pats it and says, "Baby dister (sister)". She's going to be such a good big sister, once the initial adjustment period is over.



Baby is eight months now...just another month to go! We have been extremely busy with work, so we're not completely prepared yet, but we've been trying to get there lately. I've washed clothes and gotten the carseat out of storage. We've been looking at names, although we're still far from making a decision.

I cannot WAIT till this baby is born, so I can go back to eating normally. Even though I'm only borderline for gestational diabetes, I still have to avoid ALL pasta, rice, pizza, cold cereal, and sugary drinks. And I have to check my blood sugar and count carbs.

Only one month left...hopefully not any longer!



Not only have I been busy with work, but I launched my new blog at the beginning of October, so I've been busy trying to build up my content, my social media followers, and I've just started sending out pitches to various brands in an attempt to collaborate on sponsored posts. I really need this to work out, otherwise I'll end up having to go back to my job once my maternity leave is over, and I honestly can't stand the thought.

Check out my blog here, if you haven't already!



So far, I haven't made a penny from it... Which is no surprise, since it hasn't even been a month and it's going to take quite a bit of time and effort to start making money. So far, the only way it is monetized is with affiliate links. My plan is to create some digital products to promote in addition to signing up for affiliate and sponsor sites, reaching out to brands I'd like to work with.

I did recently receive a surprise payment of $100, which came from the Google ads I have posted on another blog that I don't keep up with anymore. If only I'd realized that my Morkie blog gets so much traffic, I would have gone a completely different direction with this whole thing, but it's too late now. At this time, I don't want to go too many different directions....maybe later though.



Anyway, we'll just be continuing on as we wait for Baby Girl to make her arrival....

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...