adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The First Snowfall (2011-2012)

We heard it was supposed to snow this weekend, so last night we hurried to finish bagging up the leaves we raked into piles last weekend (this past week has been too crazy, and it gets dark way too early now). We finished up just before dark. At about midnight, I let Mila out one last time before bed and she sort of skidded to a stop. I told her to go potty and stepped out onto the deck. I was pleasantly surprised to see tiny snowflakes whirling around in the air.

This morning, we woke up to a thin blanket of snow on the ground:

No more leaves! Just snow.
It's amazing how much all the whiteness brightened up the inside of the house this morning and afternoon. It was sooo pretty, until we had to go out and do some grocery shopping. At least I got to test out my car on snowy roads, and found out it's not too bad. It definitely feels heavier than my last car did.

Mila had forgotten all about snow, and was nervous about going down the steps to go potty on the ground. So, she squatted on the deck.


Once she remembered how much fun it can be, Mila had a blast running around the yard and tracking snow inside the house.

Loki just enjoyed watching from inside the house while we finished covering the windows in plastic.


Upon realizing that we don't have a shovel (there wasn't enough snow to use the snowblower), we ended up at Wal-Mart and got a huge, fancy one to clear off the deck, front steps and driveway, plus a little one to keep in my car--since I go to work before the snow plows come out and, from what I hear, they don't clear the road past my workplace very well.

But wow, was the Wal-Mart greeter simply amazed at our new shovel, or what. He just had never seen a shovel like that before, and told us that at least three times as he followed us all the way to the door. Apparently nobody else who shops at Wal-Mart can afford such a fancy shovel. ;)

Once we got home, Dan did the shoveling and I made us each a cup of mocha cappuccino hot chocolate with two huge marshmallows. Not sure if he finished it, since he's pretty into his new video game.

And I just finished the blog post I started hours ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...