I suppose I should elaborate.
If you can't tell from our last post, we're engaged as of last weekend!! Now the planning starts....
We haven't decided when, where or any of the other details yet. The wedding will likely be anywhere from summer to fall 2012. Why wait any longer than that? It seems like it would be too hard to make any concrete plans until we get closer to the day, anyway.
We have a few ideas in mind, but I don't want to say anything until we've discussed them with our families first.
About the ring. Apparently, Dan bought it on our way back home after Thanksgiving when we stopped at the mall. Best Christmas present ever. He picked it out all by himself, too. He hid it for two weeks until he couldn't keep it a secret any longer. Even though I didn't mean to keep dropping him hints before then, he took my subtle wedding references as just that.
I was so surprised when he asked that I almost forgot to say, "yes."
I got to work the following Monday only to find out that the girl I work with got engaged that weekend, too. And no, it wasn't planned that way.... :)
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I'm impressed. Dan - You did a good job. The ring is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to tell him you said that. :) Thanks. I definitely agree!
ReplyDelete