adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, December 5, 2011

The Typical Christmas Busyness

It's hard to find time to write a post when I have a zillion other things to do...although this is what I would rather be doing. Busy, busy. Christmas is coming quickly, so I've been busy trying to get everything done in time.

Last week was rather unproductive. I started getting a dry throat Monday night, which is usually the first sign I'm getting sick. I started popping vitamins, drinking tea, inhaling steam and so on... Thankfully, it didn't last long. I was exhausted for the next couple days and slept most of the evenings. It was a matter of days and I almost felt back to normal. Dan was able to keep from catching my cold.

This weekend was much more productive, although I kind of stressed myself out by taking on all kinds of projects. I went shopping, so I had Christmas cards to write out, presents to wrap, baking to do....

I'll definitely keep busy up until Christmas.

I'm not much of a baker, but I did make rice krispie bars--one of Dan's favorite treats--and I just baked some cookies tonight. I still have lots of plans for the next few weeks, but baking takes up a lot of time and, like I said, it isn't really my thing.

Christmas Tree Rice Krispies
We wanted the rice krispies to look Christmasy, so we pulled out last year's green sprinkles and, using a template I cut out from copy paper, stenciled green Christmas trees onto the treats. Fancy, I know. :s

But, finally, it kind of feels like the holidays here. For a little while. You know that snow we got a few weeks ago? Well, that melted ages ago and it has been really depressing to look outside--several days into the month of December--and see brown all around.

It snowed a little bit last night, but its lifespan isn't looking hopeful....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...