adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wedding Plans: A Sneak Peek

The planning is coming right along. In the beginning, it was stressful to think of all the things that needed to be done, but we've figured out most of the main details, so we can breathe a little now. There is still a lot to be done, but we have almost six months to pull it all together.



First and foremost, we needed to figure out a place and date. The two kind of go hand-in-hand when you have less than a year; many venues book over a year in advance. We found a couple options and, in the end, the price tag (and, in part, the location) was the determining factor as far as the venue goes. After that, we only had three dates of choice, and we decided on August 25, 2012.

We went to take a look at Northern Pines (which is just outside PR) a couple weeks ago, and it should be very beautiful once the snow has melted. Because there is such little indoor space, we decided to have the ceremony outdoors in front of the lake and the reception indoors. Pray that the weather cooperates that weekend....

Next, we wanted to figure out the food situation. We found a caterer that doesn't charge a small fortune and has a fairly decent choice of menu to start out; we haven't decided on an exact menu yet, but have mailed in a deposit to book them. That isn't the only deposit we've had to pay, and we're nowhere near the end of all the wedding expenses.

Fortunately, I've been able to do quite a bit of writing to help pay all these expenses. For anyone who wants to help make my writing pay off a little more, you are welcome to check out my articles. I have a HUGE library of work available, having been at it for over three years now :D My profile is right here. Please don't feel obligated to read unless you see something you are interested in, but I do get paid every time someone views an article.

I'll stop the self-promotion now, I promise.

It's not easy to pick and choose the people you want to be part of your wedding party, and that is why we are having such a large one. We have a couple people left to ask, though, so I won't list everyone just yet. We're very excited to have some of our best friends there with us for our day.

The next step was to find my wedding gown. Unbelievably, it can take an extremely long time to get it if you have one special ordered, and since I don't have that much time, I decided to buy something off the rack. Luckily, there are plenty of options; you just have to make sure there is enough time to get alterations, dry cleaning, etc.

I was so happy to have Dawn and Chaka there to help me find the perfect dress. They provided an honest opinion, and didn't tell me that everything looked great when it didn't. Aaand....I found it! The One. It wasn't easy, because there were lots of great options but, in the end, none of the others quite measured up. I decided to just pay a deposit on it, rather than taking it home right away. I still have plenty of time to pay the rest and have alterations done.

That's the gist of our wedding planning so far. There are still tons of details to plan, but I don't want to spoil the surprise for everyone by sharing every little detail. There is a tab above, where you will find a link to our wedding website, but here it is again. We will continue to update it as we go along....

2 comments:

  1. Oh hon, you should self-promote! Seriously! You have good articles. Now if I just had more time to go read more of them! Fun to hear your wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you :) And if only I spent more time writing them...I am way too easily distracted. :s

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...