We decided to take a snooze on the sofa while we waited for them to arrive, since it was going to be about midnight. Mila snuggled up with me and hardly moved when they got here, not even when Dan went out the front door. As soon as she heard their voices, though, she flew to the door with the shrillest series of yelps. I guess the next morning, Dan let her out of her kennel and she ran straight for the stairs. (Now that she has figured out how to climb the stairs on her own, she goes up all the time.) I have to wonder if that's what she thought about all night: the company upstairs.
| All the critters...and Dan |
We stopped at home afterward to let the dogs out and let our dinner settle before going to the theater to see Prometheus. I wasn't really a fan, but Dan enjoyed it. We didn't get home until about midnight. Sadie greeted us at the door, and Loki was waiting for us, as well. Okay...so where was Mila? She always greets us--very vocally, I might add--at the door. The first place I looked was the bed, then upstairs. She was nowhere to be found. I started to panic. Had we left her out in the yard before we left? I could have sworn she was in the living room when we said good-bye.
Then we heard Dan laughing in the bedroom. Mila was on the other side of the bed in Loki's kennel, where they never, ever go. Apparently, the door had swung shut (but not latched) behind her, so she must have thought she was locked inside. She made not a PEEP, but she was wiggling ferociously with excitement. Maybe she was playing hide-and-seek with us....
After our company left today, I was busy talking on the phone and Mila suddenly started barking. She ran into the bedroom and kept yipping at me. Propping her front paws up on the bed, she peered at me like, "Aren't you going to see who's here?" I guess she had heard a dinging sound on Dan's phone and thought it was the doorbell.
| Sandy & Jeff with Sadie |
Hahaha, Mila is so funny. What a little cutie, she has quite the personality! I went to see Prometheus as well, I kind of liked it even though I hate those kinds of movies. I thought it was going to be scary but it was surprisingly well put together. Probably the thing I liked the most was all of the thought and imagination that would have had to put it all together! Sounds like you enjoyed your company as well, that's good to hear! Can't wait to see all of you again!
ReplyDeleteI thought it was going to be scary, but it was more suspenseful than anything. I think I would have liked it more if it wasn't so much like all the other alien/sci-fi movies. Anyway, hopefully we will be able to make it back home one of these next few weekends...
ReplyDelete