I only wrote one article today, and I'm okay with that. I got a lot of writing done this week. Plus, this blog post counts as something, right?? Well, I guess we'll have to decide that once it's over.
This week started out pretty slow at work. We finished early on Monday and didn't have enough product to work at all Tuesday, so I took a vacation day. I tried to write as much as I could, while working on housework and other projects.
We are sticking around home this weekend, which is nice because we were gone to Fargo last weekend and we'll be heading to MN next week. We will likely get a lot of wedding planning done then, so I'm not worrying about much of anything today or tomorrow.
After Wal-Mart and grocery shopping today, we had some ice cream and enjoyed the warm weather. It was hot--summer officially began this past week, but it's been like this off and on since March--and humid, but luckily our yard is shaded, thanks to all the trees (that kept us busy raking last fall). Then while Dan played his video games, I lazed about, getting things done here and there.
I made fish, rice and spinach salad for dinner.
~
We played Lego Harry Potter this evening. It's the only video game I play, and it can be really addicting. Since I rarely have time to play, it has taken months and months and I still have a ways to go. For some reason, Dan loves watching me play it...don't ask. It's a lot more fun when you're playing. I have to hurry up and finish, though, because we have had the second HP game sitting on a shelf since Christmas, collecting dust.
~
You know that frozen cookie dough you buy from fundraisers? Chocolate chunk. It's really good to eat right out of the container (don't worry--there are no raw eggs in it), but it makes horrible cookies. They come out of the oven all mushy, but turn to rocks when they cool. Well, I've had the cookie dough thawing in the fridge for a few days and we've been snacking on it here and there. So we decided to make a few bigger cookies tonight and bake them for a shorter amount of time.
They were mushy, but we ate all six of them. And drank milk, of course. Then we took Mila for a walk to burn off some of the calories we had just consumed, and it was still humid but a lot cooler.
And now I'm soaking my feet while Dan plays Skyrim. Surprisingly, Loki is quite the curious kitty about all the bubbles but Mila won't come into the living room for fear of the bubbly noises. Poor baby. She's still a little traumatized from getting her nails clipped earlier.
~
We're thinking about heading to the park tomorrow and maybe bringing a picnic lunch. Maybe grill for dinner and have some potato salad. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment