adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hello, July

July rolled in with a wave of heat, as I'm sure most of you couldn't help but notice. We spent a three-day weekend at the lake and came home to 90-some-degree weather. This week, we feel very fortunate to have central air conditioning.

We accomplished a lot of wedding tasks last weekend in MN. So far, we have two more trips planned for this month, and two or three more for August. I have a feeling we won't be traveling much after next month...gas isn't cheap. Not even close.

Now, I just need to plan a trip to the hair salon in the next month or so and do LOTS of shopping (with very little money and time). After that, we really only need to plan the ceremony. I think...although, I'm sure I'll add a lot more to my checklist of things to do.

Anyway, what else have we been up to? Not a whole lot. We have both been working; on top of that, I've been trying to get as much writing done as possible. We had a paid holiday yesterday. Being a Wednesday, we couldn't do much, so I did some writing. We tried to play softball in the morning, but it got hot and humid pretty early.

We watched part of the fireworks last night.

Surprisingly, there are two sets of fireworks in town. We parked the car on a street somewhere in-between and were able to see part of both sets. However, they were nothing special. We probably would have enjoyed them much more if we had been able to see just one whole fireworks display, rather than bits and pieces of two.

Well, looks like its cooling off now. We're at 84 degrees, and potential rain and storms later today and tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...