Finally!!
We're almost completely settled into our new house. I still have lots to of organizing to do, but all the big things are in place and I've put hours of work into unpacking already. It helps that I have been done with work early every day this week.
We were supposed to move on Saturday and clean the old house on Sunday, but our landlady (who was moving back into the house) insisted on moving in before the month was over. So, we planned on moving and then cleaning Saturday evening. Well, we got started at about 8 a.m. and she showed up at 11:30, wondering what time we were going to be out. Really? So we hurried and got everything moved over, quickly swept the floors and gave the kitchen a light wipe-down and left the house in about the same condition as it was when we moved in: not all that clean.
It was nice to have the rest of the weekend to get started on organizing. Even though it's smaller than our old house, this one is much nicer and I feel a lot calmer already.
The only problem?
We woke up our very first morning to a mouse--in our bedroom. To be honest, I had no idea it was there until I picked Loki up and saw that she had a toy mouse in her mouth. Except I realized it wasn't a toy and dropped her. She promptly ran under the bed, a half-dead mouse in her mouth. It didn't take long for her to kill the mouse, and Dan quickly got rid of it.
It completely freaks me out to think that mice can get into our house. I don't have a problem with bugs, but rodents are another story. Luckily, if there are more, Loki will get them.
She was SO proud of her find. She prowled all day long, hoping to catch another one and, when she wasn't hunting, she was begging for attention and praise.
Anyway, we placed dryer sheets around the house and Dan bought some spray foam to fill holes in the walls to, hopefully, keep mice out of here.
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice to hear you're settling in! Hope this is a great home for you and Dan. And Loki and Mila! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I can just FEEL how you felt when you realized the mouse was not a toy! EEEEKKK!!! But - so great you have a good mouser in your house!
Thanks Joni, I still love our new house! I'll have to post pictures once we get things a little more organized and have a chance to finish decorating.
ReplyDelete