~
Okay, I know I took a new picture of the mudroom/laundry room yesterday, but it has disappeared from my camera and I don't feel like taking a new one, so here's a "before" picture.
This is where Mila and Loki greet me when I return home from work--and then Dan when he gets home. It doesn't take her long to figure out when we're home! That white door goes out into a breezeway, where we can let Mila out into the fenced-in yard. I usually take Mila on a short walk right away, after which we get the mail and I come in to start laundry, scoop out the litter box and sweep up litter and Loki's food crumbs from the floor.
(Behind me is the kitchen, which you'll see in the next photo.)
I then move on to the small-but-open kitchen, where I continue to pick up random things that got left on the counters as we hurried off to work. My first stop? The Keurig brewer, where I make myself a cup of coffee, tea, hot chocolate...even iced tea or coffee. But usually just coffee. While I wait for it to cool a little, I try to do the dishes and wipe down the counters, fill the Brita water pitchers and the coffee machine if they need.
| Where's Loki? ;) Hehe. |
I'm still working on the built-in display area--decorating it, that is. Anyway, this is the perfect size area for our glass-top table (yeah, I see the table got a little off-centered). And, yes, I realize the kitchen wallpaper clashes with everything else in the house. Sorry, I don't have much else to say about the dining area, except Loki loves to curl up on that chair closest to the far window wall, because the sunlight hits her just right.
I know, the walls are still a little bare in the living room. It's a small room, but perfectly cozy for the two of us. If you look past that doorway (in the picture below), you can kind of see the hallway that leads to the bathroom and bedrooms.
There are three bedrooms in our house:
All the rooms were already painted when we moved in, and the colors just so happen to work for us. Our bedroom is painted a light green, and our decorations are black, white and gray--except for the painting above the bed. Courtesy of Yours Truly.
The other photo shows the rest of our bedroom. Nothing too exciting, but you just can't ever get shots of a smaller room that let you see everything in it.
There's only one bathroom in this house, but that's fine--less cleaning for me. We did get some nice bathroom things for our wedding (shower curtain, bath mat, matching bath towels, etc.) but we decided to save them for our next house--hopefully our next will be our own, and not rented--since they don't really go with the wall color or flooring. I had planned on painting to match our new things, but it all still wouldn't have worked with the khaki-toned flooring.
So this is the bathroom. It's so much nicer than our last one. It was recently remodeled, so there is even a new vanity. There is a curved shower rod, handheld shower head...I love it, well, as much as you can love a bathroom.
In comparison, our last house had nasty bathrooms. The shower walls were plaster with no surround; there were painted cabinets INSIDE the shower, and the shelves were moldy and mildewy from the moisture. It was a small, awkward bathroom--and don't even get me started on how the door swung inward to hit the toilet, leaving about a foot of space to squeeze through. We remedied that by flipping the door around so it swung out into the kitchen.
Turning on my two wax warmers is also part of my after-work routine. One is in the dining room, and the other is in the bathroom. Love them! They make my house smell great.
Finally, there's the smallest bedroom, which we are currently using as an office. That's usually my final stop, where I sit down at my computer and work feverishly to produce article after article.
Yeah, right! I wish I were that productive. Usually, I find other things to do, so I haven't written much since we moved. I'm trying, though.
(And, yes, I know my computer screen is dirty.)
~
Well, that's about it for the tour of our new house. We've been here for, what, three weeks now? So, we're settled in for the most part. As you probably know well, it will always be a work-in-progress, at least until we move again. I hope that, as long as we're living in Huron, we never have to move again. Of course, we won't complain if we have to move again as long as that means we're closer to home.
Such a cute and cozy house! We have kind of a busy November, but I would love to make it there one more time before the weather gets too bad...you know my luck with driving there! :)
ReplyDeleteFun, fun to see these pictures, Tonya! Looks like home! You arrange things and decorate so nicely! Yes, I sure understand the feeling of hoping the next place will be your own (hey- this is a great time to buy, so hopefully you can get into your own place while house prices are still low!) and the feeling of hoping the next place will be closer to home.
ReplyDelete