It's another one of those lazy Sundays. We've been spending the past few Sundays lazing about in our pajamas, never leaving the house besides letting Mila outside to potty. We always make breakfast together on Sunday mornings when we are home--have for the past few years. Then we sit on the couch for a good part of the day.
Today, I've been working on crochet again. What else do I ever do? I finally got around to buying a 3-ring binder last night to organize my patterns (the few I have). I also bought some yarn to start a couple new projects. I got a roll of a really pretty gold color to attempt a table runner for the coffee table and some purple for a blanket that I'm giving as a gift.
Do you blame me for being lazy, though? I've hardly had any time off work all week. We worked late almost every day, and we worked Saturday. Again! I can't complain next Friday when I get my paycheck, though. But I will if I have to work again next weekend....
I can't believe it's already after 3:00. How is it that when you're at home, the day flies by, but at work, it drags?
We're supposed to get some wintry weather tonight. It's already rained a tiny bit today. While I'm glad we actually had a winter this year, I'm really looking forward to spring. I can't wait to open up the windows and--believe it or not--do some spring cleaning. This place definitely needs it. Maybe when we get a little closer to that time, I'll post some of my green cleaning recipes and tips.
I also can't wait to start taking Mila on walks again. We were in the habit on going for a short walk every day after work when the weather was nice, even for a while after it started getting cold. But after it snowed and got all messy out there, I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's terrible, but even on the nicer days, I don't even think about it.
I'm planning on starting to work out tonight and hoping I can stick to it. It's way too easy to find other things to do and make excuses to avoid exercise, especially in the winter. I'll just have to force myself to put everything down and make time for it.
Time to go, but I'll be back. I'll be watching for more comments on the giveaway post; looks like we already have a few comments!
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment