adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, April 29, 2013

Easy [Healthy] Homemade Gourmet Chocolate (Yum!)

Healthy chocolate?

Okay, seriously...I have got to share. This recipe is so easy and delicious. Plus, it's much healthier than store-bought chocolate, with only four ingredients. When I realized I already had all of these ingredients in my kitchen, I couldn't resist.

Doesn't it look amazing?!
The only problem, for myself, is finding raw honey or "real" maple syrup, so I used the regular old bottled honey you get at the grocery store. Also, I used coconut oil (you have a choice between this and cocoa butter); coconut oil is somewhat expensive, but very healthy and isn't so costly if you don't use it to make chocolate too often.

Now, for the recipe: You can find it on this blog. The Coconut Mama has lots of healthy, yummy-looking recipes that incorporate the use of coconut oil/butter/whatever.  

The recipe is actually meant for making homemade chocolate chips, but I just broke the chocolate into larger chunks, like you see in the picture. You have to keep the chocolate in the freezer, and it might still get your fingers kind of messy, but it's so sweet it will take care of your chocolate craving in just a few bites.

Oddly, something about it made me crave peanut butter. Maybe it was the honey? Hmm....

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'm going to try it. You can find raw honey at Coburn's. That's the only place I've been able to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually just there the other day and discovered that they carry local MN honey. I made this chocolate again, but poured it into mini cupcake liners with an almond and they turned out awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...