It feels great to finally have the windows open again. Little by little, I've been working on deep cleaning the house every day this week. So far, I've only wiped down the ceiling fans and cleaned the range hood vent; and today I washed all the windows (just the insides, though!). The outside of the windows will have to be a project for someday when--or if--we are here long enough to make us care about their cleanliness.
I've slowly been switching over to green cleaning and am almost completely converted. I make a lot of my own products, and use a lot of vinegar in my recipes.
To make your own green window cleaner, mix 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 cups warm water and a squirt of mild dish soap in a spray bottle and shake well. To make it easy, I just poured everything in a bucket and filled it up with water. Then I just used a clean cotton rag to wipe the windows clean and dry. Shiny and streak-free!
I have published a few articles with ideas and recipes for green cleaning. Read them here. Although vinegar isn't the greatest smell in the world, to me it smells clean--while harsh cleaners and bleach smell clean to a lot of people. Honestly, I can't stand the smell of chemicals, and they make my lungs burn.
Next, I'll be working on wiping down blinds, cleaning underneath (and inside) the big appliances, and all kinds of other fun things.
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment