adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

(A snippet of) Life With a Puppy and a Kitty

Sleepy puppy

Yesterday, Dan came home for his lunch break, as he usually does. He was sitting on the couch while Mila snoozed nearby. Occasionally, she would lift her head, take a look as a car went by, then go back to sleep. Then a car that looked exactly like mine (but wasn't) drove past the window.

Mila perked right up. She shrieked as she ran to the door, barking away. She just knew I was home--after all, it was almost the time that I usually get home. Mila sat, whining, by the door, waiting for me to come inside.

She must have eventually given up, but I'm constantly amazed by how smart critters can be. Who would have guessed that she would be able to recognize my car? At least, one that looked like my car.

~

Speaking of cars, we have vandals in the area who decided to smash the mirror on Dan's car. Now I'm a little nervous about parking on the road, which is a must for one of us, since the driveway is only wide enough for one car.

There was also a car accident right in front of the house just last week. I was sitting in the office, trying to write, when I heard a crash. It sounded like someone had crashed into my car, which was parked on the road, so I looked out the side window and saw nothing. So I went back to my writing.

When I heard sirens and saw the reflection of flashing lights off the window, I got curious and looked out the front window. Then I saw that there were numerous police cars and an ambulance on the road literally right in front of our house. It looked like everyone was okay, except one of the drivers, who was taken (on a stretcher) into the back of the ambulance with a neck brace.

~

Poor Loki. 

Loki has taken up pooping on the floor in front of her litterbox lately. Today, I came home to find a large pile--at least a foot away from the front of the box, so I know she didn't just stick her butt out the flap on accident. Then I came upon several spots of puke in the living room. She threw up a couple more times after that.

I swear, I have been cleaning up poop and puke ever since I got home from work and I was sooo angry, especially when Loki decided to hide under the bed and puke some more. Poor Loki; I feel terrible because it's probably my fault that she's throwing up hairballs since I've gotten really lazy about brushing her. Still. What's her deal with pooping on the floor?

I'm so tired, but I guess I need to go so I can get some more cleaning done around here....

*end rant*

1 comment:

  1. We have an outside cat - and the kids just love it! They wish it could live inside with us, but we can't even consider it because of allergy issues (I'm okay with that! We have a good place to have an 'outside' cat!) But now our kids are asking more and more often to get a dog. I suppose the day will come when we decide to start doing some research on what dog would work for us (so far Ami has only once said he would agree to get a dog, if we get one that looks like 'that dog!' ... I think it was a pug. Pugs are so ugly, but I think the kids would happily agree with him, though!)

    Poor Loki ... Poor Tonya! Wonder what the pooping problem is?? Hope you figure it out soon, so you're not always cleaning the messes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...