adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, September 15, 2013

And finally...a tour of our FIRST house!

**Before I get started, I want to apologize for not responding to comments on my posts in a timely manner. The email notifications were going to my Hotmail account, which I never check anymore, and I don't remember to log in very often. Today, I changed my settings so they should go to my new email address, and I should be able to see your comments sooner.**

And now...as promised...I FINALLY have pictures of our new house to post! This is not exactly our first house, but it's the first that we actually own.

I'll admit, it's not as tidy as it may look in the photos. As I went around snapping pictures, I "rearranged" piles of clutter here and there. I'll eventually get around to finding places for it ;) I still have a little decorating to do...I have tons of decorations in storage, but I don't exactly have good places for them, so I suppose I'll have to eventually fill in the blanks with new things. I did do a little fall decorating today, though, with the few fall decorations I have.

Let's start with the upstairs.

The Top Floor

There is a full bathroom, along with three bedrooms, on the top floor. We just finally got the towel ring, two towel bars and (a new) toilet paper holder installed. Believe it or not, there were absolutely no towel bars or anywhere to hang towels in this--the main--bathroom when we moved in. We also hung two robe hooks on the door.



Don't you just love the carpeting in our bedroom?



Sorry, I didn't feel like making the bed in the guest bedroom. As you can see, we still have some work to do in the bedrooms...we want to eventually get a new bedroom set for our room, plus we need a bed frame and some nightstands for the guest room. And those valances just have to go!!



Above is my closet (Dan's is in our bedroom). Naturally, I wanted the nicer closet, but I wanted to put our bed in the bigger bedroom. I'm sure this arrangement will eventually change but for now it works. The third bedroom actually has nothing in it other than some blankets and our luggage.



Loki's favorite hiding spot is right behind those curtains.... She seems to think we can't see her hiding behind them.


The Main Floor

On the main floor, we have the living room, dining room, a den, the kitchen and a half bath.

We don't really use the den for anything right now, other than as a place for keeping the futon and our books. Eventually, we might turn it into a craft room/playroom.



The dining room is much too large for our tiny table...I want to eventually get a larger, wooden table but for now works just fine. As for those clocks...I decided I don't like either one right there, so one of these days I'm going to return the one on the floor and get a larger clock for that wall.



Yes, I know our loveseat is blocking the fireplace...as with most of the other rooms, we hope to eventually get new furniture, but this is what we have to work with for now. Although once winter comes, I'm thinking we'll have to rearrange the furniture so we can at least use the fireplace once in a while.







And now for the kitchen...



Hey, there's my coffee corner!




I'll admit, I opted for the low angle for this last snapshot because the sink was piled with dirty dishes from baking this weekend, and I just haven't felt like washing them yet. I've been busy with the rest of the house, after all ;)

Here's the tiny half-bath... I consider it a kid-sized bathroom because, well, the toilet and sink are kid-sized. I would guess that it's about four square feet. It's kind of odd, being that this is the main floor, but I suppose that's all they had to work with when remodeling. And yes, it's decorated with little girl decor and it has GOT TO GO!



The Basement

We have a finished basement, which has a mini bar area, pool table, empty room (which isn't technically a bedroom), another full bathroom and laundry room.





And yes, we're going to eventually re-do this bathroom, too. Not exactly a fan of the Coca-Cola border....






The high efficiency washer and dryer are our first large purchase since buying the house...and unfortunately, they won't be the last.


We have all kinds of projects planned for this house in the near future--hopefully we can afford them. Besides repainting some of the rooms and buying new furniture, we have to repaint the exterior and replace the gutters. The paint is peeling pretty badly, and the gutters are falling down, so we plan to get this project done right away in the spring.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Thanks for sharing. It looks like a nice spacious home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented on here before! I guess I looked quickly at the pics thinking I'll come look when I have more time, and then comment ... Oh, I love your house! Looks so nice. I'd just LOVE to be able to come and visit you in your new house! Seems we hardly have time to do more than exchange a few words when I'm on your side of The Big Puddle! Thanks for sharing all the pictures! They were really fun to see, and I'll probably come here from time to time and look again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...