Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Saturday, May 7, 2016
Baby Update {30 Weeks}
Thirty weeks today! Three-quarters of the way there....
Baby is now about the size of a cantaloupe; from head to foot, she's about 17 inches long and weighs about 3.5 pounds. The furry coat of hair that's been keeping her warm should be starting to shed, and her eyes are now in place, although her eyesight is still continuing to develop.
I'm not positive, but I think baby may be head-down already, since I can always feel her hiccuping in my right (although sometimes my left) hip, and there's a hard lump around my belly button that I suspect is her butt (she's always pushing it out!).
I've had a little more bladder pressure and swelling lately (especially now that it's starting to warm up). Luckily, I don't have gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia, and my platelet level was normal at my last check-up. I just have to get my platelets tested once a month to make sure they stay that way.
We've been doing a lot around the house the last few weekends -- lots of landscaping and yardwork for Dan, and spring cleaning for me -- and I've found that I have to sit down every few minutes. My back and feet get sore much more easily, and I just plain get exhausted.
In fact, I was just told the other day by a lady at work that she was watching me walk into the office (creepy), and that she noticed I have the "pregnant lady walk" (mind you, I was wearing high heels that day). But yeah, I realize I've been waddling for a long time now.
This is the same person who told me I looked like a "little pumpkin" when I was wearing an orangeish shirt. She means well, but her comments multiple times a week are eyeroll-inducing.
On a happy note, we have another piece of furniture in the nursery! Dan's parents sent us the glider that we wanted, and I think it's going to work great. Thanks, Grandpa & Grandma Mickelson! Baby's bedroom is starting to come together. :)
I also got a cute little swaddle from a rummage sale for a dollar, but otherwise I don't think we've bought anything else lately...
I did get another nursery decoration done, though! It's a mobile made of fabric strips, twine, and that lampshade wire I got a couple weeks ago (remember that hideous lampshade I tore apart?!):
Otherwise, nothing much has happened in the past two weeks. We'll see what the next two bring!
Labels:
pregnancy update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment