adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

Since we didn't get a three day weekend this year, we spent our first Easter--our first-ever holiday, actually--at home this year. We tried to make it different than every other day, and I think it was a success.

After breakfast, we had an Easter egg hunt; Dan hid mine upstairs and I hid his downstairs. We bought lots and lots of candy for the two of us!

My "basket" was hidden inside Loki's hideout.

My candy and my coffee.
After I found all my eggs and my Easter basket, it was Dan's turn.

"Found it!"

That was sooo much fun.


We listened to Easter services online and got lucky--the Internet didn't even go out once. Lately, it always goes out every time we're in the middle of something. But that's another story...

While the ham was cooking, we took Mila on a short walk. It was a nice day, if a bit windy. The critters also got Easter dinner of, I think, chicken. They loved it, especially Loki. She had to lick Mila's plate clean after finishing her own.

Canned dinner for the poky ones

Dinner consisted of ham, leftover potato salad, green bean casserole, corn, buns and homemade iced tea. It was super easy; we just needed to warm up the ham in the oven (it was pre-cooked), make the casserole and heat up the corn in the microwave. The potato salad and iced tea were already made yesterday and I just popped the buns in the toaster oven to crisp them up on the outside.

Our first Easter dinner in Huron

We had leftovers for supper, and we'll probably be eating them all week long!! Of course, I had to exercise this evening to work off all the extra calories, but then we had some blueberry pie and ice cream for dessert so I gained them all back....

Mmmm!
We even had some entertainment this evening. Loki discovered some type of bird--a falcon, maybe?--out in the yard, eating another bird. I tried to take some pictures, but it was kind of blurry through the glass and when I tried to open the door, it flew away.


The dumb thing left with it's food, but left a huge pile of feathers in the yard. Gross! I made Dan clean them up because I really don't want Mila out there sniffing around them.

Anyway, that was our day. It's almost over now, unfortunately, and before long, I'll have to get ready for bed so I can be up to work in the morning....

1 comment:

  1. Fun to read about your Easter Day activities! I miss American pink, smoked ham. I like that for Easter dinner. They don't eat that here - oh well. The blueberry pie picture inspires me - I think I'll make one soon! Looks soooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...