I'm home alone again. Dan is gone to Washington, D.C. (for work) until Wednesday night. I should be there, too, but we decided we can't afford it with all the trips we're going on (we're going to Chicago at the end of May). It's okay, though, because we will be busy every single weekend during the month of May, so I took the opportunity to get lots of work done yesterday--writing, cleaning, invitations--and to relax today.
Today was definitely a lazy day. I could hardly function, so I took a catnap a couple hours after waking up. Then I was good to go. Still, I needed to take it easy today. I actually got up at 5:30 yesterday morning to go to work for less than an hour...and I was up until at least 11 or 11:30 p.m. And that is probably why I was so sluggish today.
I'm trying to figure out the point of telling you all of that, but I think I might just be rambling. I guess I could tell you a story about the critters to make it worth your time.
~
As always, Mila ran straight for her kennel tonight after going potty, in anticipation of a treat. I wasn't planning on leaving her in there, so I left the door open. When I wasn't looking, she sneaked out into the living room with her milk bone and Loki went to curl up in Mila's kennel.
I went looking for Mila, scolded her and told her to come back into the bedroom. She ran straight for the bed and stood up against it, waiting for me to lift her up. So I set her on the bed and she curled into a little furry ball, looking quite pleased with herself.
I think she might be getting spoiled.
Normally, she has to sleep in her kennel all night and she never makes a peep about it. But she has gotten to sleep up here for the last two nights, so I think she is beginning to expect it. Now she is tucked up against my hip, sleeping peacefully. Little Mila...she has really turned into a cuddlebug. Meanwhile, Loki has taken over the kennel.
~
*Sigh* Well, two days down. Three more to go....
I'm really sorry if anything I said doesn't make sense, but I took my contacts out for the night and everything is kind of a blur. One of these days I'll get new glasses; my current ones have really old lenses and don't do much good anymore. I just can't believe how bad my eyesight has gotten recently...must be old age or something. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment